30-40% CPU USAGE WHEN USING CHROME

Yo. Just wondering is it normal that my CPU usage is at 30-40% sometimes a little bit more when browsing the web and watching live streams on twitch TV. Almost no programs are opened in the background and I find it really weird that my CPU has that much amount of usage just by browsing the web.

PS: The % keeps jumping for example from 10% to 40% and then back to 18 etc...

yes

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

3 minutes ago, MechanicalCrabWithBlueHair said:

Yo. Just wondering is it normal that my CPU usage is at 30-40% sometimes a little bit more when browsing the web and watching live streams on twitch TV. Almost no programs are opened in the background and I find it really weird that my CPU has that much amount of usage just by browsing the web.

PS: The % keeps jumping for example from 10% to 40% and then back to 18 etc...

Thats normal, processing webpages and streaming video does use CPU power afterall.

When I use google chrome and firefox at the same time CPU usage goes up to even 60% and sometimes a little bit more.

Why? There is a lot to process.

You should be glad you have high usage, that means your hardware isn't just sitting there doing nothing.

1 minute ago, ModuleLFS said:

Thats normal, processing webpages and streaming video does use CPU power afterall.

1 minute ago, ModuleLFS said:

Alright thank you so much :D

10 minutes ago, MechanicalCrabWithBlueHair said:

Alright thank you so much :D

For example I use a dual socket xeon server and my CPU usage never goes about 3% unless I render... seems pretty wasteful right?

All good thats completely fine 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 With Corsair H110i GT GPU: GTX 1060 Strix OC MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 1tb Samsung 850 Evo

I only get 20%?

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

Chrome loves it some CPU usage.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Idk what you guys are all talking about, i have like 20 tabs open all doing different things and my cpu usage doesn't go above 10%...

3 hours ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

I only get 20%?

Twitch streams are pretty demanding he also may have several resource heavy add ons. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s