Need information on Asus X555LN-XO130H i7-4510U

Hi guys,

I bought the Asus X555LN-XO130H i7-4510U some time ago and now I'd like to upgrade it with an SSD since the HDD is so slow (i already checked on fragmentation, etc.).

Anyways, my question is pretty simple: Does the notebook use a sata 2 or sata 3 interface?

I already tried to figure it out myself but couldn't find the answer on the internet and contacted Asus support. Asus support neither told me what interface the notebook uses nor how many 2,5" slots it has. The only information I got was that the HDD inside the notebook uses a sata 3 interface, which didnt help me either, since you can use a sata 3 drive with a sata 2 mainboard interface and the HDD obviously doesn't even get close to the sata 2 speed limitations.

Many thanks,

patafiix

4 minutes ago, patafiix said:

Hi guys,

I bought the Asus X555LN-XO130H i7-4510U some time ago and now I'd like to upgrade it with an SSD since the HDD is so slow (i already checked on fragmentation, etc.).

Anyways, my question is pretty simple: Does the notebook use a sata 2 or sata 3 interface?

I already tried to figure it out myself but couldn't find the answer on the internet and contacted Asus support. Asus support neither told me what interface the notebook uses nor how many 2,5" slots it has. The only information I got was that the HDD inside the notebook uses a sata 3 interface, which didnt help me either, since you can use a sata 3 drive with a sata 2 mainboard interface and the HDD obviously doesn't even get close to the sata 2 speed limitations.

Many thanks,

patafiix

Considering how modern it is, it would most likely be SATA 3. It is rare to see SATA 2 on a modern motherboard now, especially ones with USB 3 on them.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

5 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Considering how modern it is, it would most likely be SATA 3. It is rare to see SATA 2 on a modern motherboard now, especially ones with USB 3 on them.

Thanks, i'll give it a shot and keep this forum thread up to date

On 29.6.2016 at 11:07 AM, Bittenfleax said:

Turns out I was logged into the wrong account.

Threw my old ssd in the notebook and got a shiny new one for my main pc.

The notebook clearly uses a sata 3 inferface.

Thanks again

4lttf.PNG