Adobe After Effect Help!

Hi guys, been using adobe after effects 2015 and was having trouble with playing the video, it doesn't play in realtime and the fps drops to 21.9. I have allocated the 9GB of RAM to AE but it says there's only 4GB and the problem is still the same, any help on this? Picture shown below :)

problem.png

What's the specs for your rig and what resolution, codec, and bit rate video file are you working with?

Chances are your rig just isn't powerful enough to handle real time playback.  Which is why AE used to have a feature called RAM preview.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

11 minutes ago, ALwin said:

What's the specs for your rig and what resolution, codec, and bit rate video file are you working with?

Chances are your rig just isn't powerful enough to handle real time playback.  Which is why AE used to have a feature called RAM preview.

i7-5500U 2.40 GHz

12GB of RAM

GTX 840M

is it not powerful enough? if so is there anything that i can do? cause i use it for sony vegas and it works fine.

8 minutes ago, RamSatesh said:

i7-5500U 2.40 GHz

12GB of RAM

GTX 840M

is it not powerful enough? if so is there anything that i can do? cause i use it for sony vegas and it works fine.

I doubt it, unless the videos you're editing were 480p with very few edits/effects applied in AE.

Even if you are working on 1080p H.264 videos which were recorded at 

25Mbps, if you started applying stuff like motion tracking, 3D layers, etc. AE will have to first generate effects in the timeline before it can play back smoothly.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

4 minutes ago, ALwin said:

I doubt it, unless the videos you're editing were 480p with very few edits/effects applied in AE.

25Mbps, if you started applying stuff like motion tracking, 3D layers, etc. AE will have to first generate effects in the timeline before it can play back smoothly.

Damn i just need that motion tracking, but can i still edit with the video not being in realtime? Will that mess up my final product? Cause i just need it for that motion tracking and other stuff i can just do it in vegas.

You should still be edit the video even if it's not in real time.  Every time you want to preview something, just click the preview button and wait some time for AE to cache the timeline in memory.  Then you can play back in real time, the cached sections.

11 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Damn i just need that motion tracking, but can i still edit with the video not being in realtime? Will that mess up my final product? Cause i just need it for that motion tracking and other stuff i can just do it in vegas.

5 minutes ago, ALwin said:

You should still be edit the video even if it's not in real time.  Every time you want to preview something, just click the preview button and wait some time for AE to cache the timeline in memory.  Then you can play back in real time, the cached sections.

Alright thanks alot man, anything else i'll just msg you, is that alright? A newbie here lol