Build for 2500 USD

sc1997
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

I'm going to the USA in February, so for now, every price and component can change depending on sales at the moment.

Regarding AMD, I chose the 780 because the AMD isn't out. Will look into them when they come out, but if they are anything like this series in the noise department, I won't get them.

I use After Effects and Premiere, also Photoshop, but mostly AE.

Check again later. Parts and prices change frequently.

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Hey, I'm planning a build and, as I'm going to the USA in some months, I was planning to get some components there.

I already have my Sound Card, SSD, Hard Drives and an H80.

My main focus will be gaming, but I also do some video editing.

My budget will be allocated to getting the CPU, GPU(s), RAM and Motherboard, and if I have some money to spare I'll buy a new PSU (I currently own a 1000w one, but would really love a 0RPM fan one).

So, this is what I had planned:

• i7 4930k (580 USD in Amazon).
  • Was between the ROG Extreme or the x79 Deluxe.

rog-rampage-iv-extreme_new.jpgASUS-X79-Deluxe-Motherboard-Introduced.j

• Was thinking maybe 2 GTX 780s 
  • 32GB of RAM memory.

Now, I prefer to have dual 780s than a 2011 platform, so if I had to sacrifice something, the CPU it would be.

I really value a silent build, so that's also a factor.

I want your guy's imput!

Thanks!!

8GB Corsair Dominator memory

Asus ROG Maximus VI Extreme

2x Asus DC2OC 780

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

You should really look into the Sandy-E CPUs they are almost on a firesale and are just getting cheaper and cheaper. You will get an amazing price to performance ratio. Unless you absolutely need the extra bit of power, or extra less bit of power consumption then look at Sandy-E. 

You could use that money towards a new PSU or more GPU power. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I agree with target39 and OddlyShapedTree, wait for the new AMD cards to come out, and get an SBE chip like the 3930k. 3960x/3970x are minimal performance gain for 2x the money. Also, if you are using Premiere, AMD is a much better option. For After Effects it may be different. What exact apps are you using?

Spoiler

8GB Corsair Dominator memory

Asus ROG Maximus VI Extreme

2x Asus DC2OC 780

This but bump it up to 16gb and look at the 'titan killer' from AMD.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I'm going to the USA in February, so for now, every price and component can change depending on sales at the moment.

Regarding AMD, I chose the 780 because the AMD isn't out. Will look into them when they come out, but if they are anything like this series in the noise department, I won't get them.

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I supposed that, but didn't know who to quote. Anyways, thanks, I'll check closer to the trip!