$530 Gaming Rig

I am about to pull the trigger on these parts and then in a week or so buy a rx 480 which shall bring the build to $530 dollars. This build is centered around the RX 480 8GB version and my Intel i5-4440 3.1Ghz. I know that both the Motherboard and the PSU are overkill for this rig but I want them to be so I can upgrade things within a bigger margin in the future. I might Crossfire 2 480s which would be awesome.

The Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xfXbjc

I know that there is no SSD but I can always add another one later so thats not a concern to me atm.

Seems perfect for me. But maybe save another 20 bucks for a decent CPU Cooler?

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Yeah yeah, I can do fine with a stock cooler for a while but do need that. I was thinking the Cryorig C7 because its nice and low profile.

Technically I can OC it to 3.3Ghz but thats nothing and I probably won't because it is locked. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($0.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: PNY Anarchy 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($25.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($0.00) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($0.00) 
Total: $275.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-25 11:04 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, IcyLetters said:

Yeah yeah, I can do fine with a stock cooler for a while but do need that. I was thinking the Cryorig C7 because its nice and low profile.

I haven't had the best experiences with Cryorig tbh. The quality is okay, but you can get better for the same money and they are also pretty noisy.

2 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

No point in an after market cooler for a locked chip

Oh you mean apart from accoustics, appearance, over all case climatisation and extending the lifetime? Good I'm glad we're on the same page here ;)

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

1 minute ago, Held657 said:

I haven't had the best experiences with Cryorig tbh. The quality is okay, but you can get better for the same money and they are also pretty noisy.

Oh you mean apart from accoustics, appearance, over all case climatisation and extending the lifetime? Good I'm glad we're on the same page here ;)

acoustics & appearance shouldn't matter when your budget is 500 bucks, a 20 dollar CPU cooler wont extend the lifetime of your CPU even a 200 dollar water cooler would only marginally improve it if at all

3 minutes ago, Held657 said:

My m9i is silent unless my CPU goes above 70 celcius...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just to add on here also, I don't use CPU intensive programs a lot.

13 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

acoustics & appearance shouldn't matter when your budget is 500 bucks, a 20 dollar CPU cooler wont extend the lifetime of your CPU even a 200 dollar water cooler would only marginally improve it if at all

Good acoustics and appearence isn't expensive ...
Regarding lifetime the aftermarket cooler will deliver the same lifetime with less maintenance. If he's willing to maintain his PC more often and doesn't give a shit about acoustics and appearence the stock cooler is fine.

I really won't be seeing the cooler and my case is made to be silent, Fractal Design Refine R4 Without Window.

4 hours ago, Held657 said:

Good acoustics and appearence isn't expensive ...
Regarding lifetime the aftermarket cooler will deliver the same lifetime with fewer care. If the takes care a lot and doesn't give a shit about acoustics and appearence the stock cooler is fine

It might not be but its money better spent on a better CPU or GPU even higher speed RAM in some cases,

Edited by Godlygamer23
Clean up.

4 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

My m9i is silent unless my CPU goes above 70 celcius...

Well it shouldn't go above 70 degrees so theoreticly is rest my case. Also "silent" is a matter of subjectiviy.

5 minutes ago, Held657 said:

Well it shouldn't go above 70 degrees so theoreticly is rest my case. Also "silent" is a matter of subjectiviy.

Silent compared to some undervolted case fans. My computer emits a gentle hum from the HDD at idle...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

So i'm not going to buy an Aftermarket CPU Cooler because I really want a better GPU sooner.

Keep things on topic, and stop criticizing others for their English, yeah? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well guys I have ordered the majority of my parts :D. I plan on getting a rx 480 8GB card in a week to round out my system.