Plantronics RIG 500 vs RIG 500E

Tequila628

Hello.

What's the difference between those two headsets and which should I buy considering I have Asus Xonar DX?

Thank you.

P.S. I don't like the design of HyperX Clouds.

"Yeah, I actually can't underclock my 7-years-old GPU to be as slow as "next-gen consloeles"... #PCMasterRaceProblems" - Luke 

the e model is a surround sound headset, at 90 bucks more. 

Bob's your uncle!

1 minute ago, Bergensaren said:

the e model is a surround sound headset, at 90 bucks more. 

How much is the difference between stereo and surround in sound quality and positioning if I have Asus Xonar DX?

"Yeah, I actually can't underclock my 7-years-old GPU to be as slow as "next-gen consloeles"... #PCMasterRaceProblems" - Luke 

not sure about which one you should buy, because e e model seems to only be surround through the usb cable, which is not acepted by the ASUS Xonar DX

Bob's your uncle!

I generally think that if you want to use your ASUS Xonar DX as it is meant to be used, find a surround sonud headset that has the 5 different jack cables. But if you choose one of the platonics, know that the surround is not really good, and you can achieve the same quality suround with every normal stereo headset using for example razer's surround sound software. 

Bob's your uncle!

5 minutes ago, Bergensaren said:

I generally think that if you want to use your ASUS Xonar DX as it is meant to be used, find a surround sonud headset that has the 5 different jack cables. But if you choose one of the platonics, know that the surround is not really good, and you can achieve the same quality suround with every normal stereo headset using for example razer's surround sound software. 

Thanks for your insight. I'd rather buy stereo headset. Can you recommend one from Audio-Technica?

what price range?

19 minutes ago, Tequila628 said:

Thanks for your insight. I'd rather buy stereo headset. Can you recommend one from Audio-Technica?

Bob's your uncle!

I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X, and i love them. if you want a microphone, modmic 4 is at your service. Ordered one myself wednesday for the m50x

Bob's your uncle!

3 minutes ago, Bergensaren said:

I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X, and i love them. if you want a microphone, modmic 4 is at your service. Ordered one myself wednesday for the m50x

Price range of your headphones, though I like the design of ATH-AD500X/ATH-AD700X more...

Do you want passive sound isulation? If so go for closed headphones. I personally haven't researched the AD series much, but I will say two things. the M50X is known as the best headphones under 200$, and open headphones have slightly different sound than closed headphones. If it is possible, go to a store and try both closed and open headphones, doesn't have to be audio technica, it is just to find which type you prefere. But if you see yourself traveling with the headphones, closed is much better. Open headphones will sound not as good with background noice, even though they sound better with no background noise. Closed headphones aren't soundproof from the outside, but it is easier to turn the volume up and block out the background noice with closed. 

Bob's your uncle!

5 hours ago, Bergensaren said:

M50X is known as the best headphones under 200$, and open headphones have slightly different sound than closed headphones. If it is possible, go to a store and try both closed and open headphones, doesn't have to be audio technica, it is just to find which type you prefere. But if you see yourself traveling with the headphones, closed is much better. Open headphones will sound not as good with background noice, even though they sound better with no background noise. Closed headphones aren't soundproof from the outside, but it is easier to turn the volume up and block out the background noice with closed. 

Thanks again for your explanation. I prefer open headphones for better ears ventilation.