CPU stress test?

Hello, i was wondering what is a good stress test for cpu overclocks. i have an AMD FX-4350 and a slight over clock to 4.5Ghz but im trying to push it more and maybe hit 4.8 or magic 5.0 but everytime i try and stress test with Prime95 it always gives me an "ILLEGAL SUMOUT" no matter how little i raise the mulitplier even by just 1 and same with Base Frequency and i've tried pushing the voltages to the edge of comfortablity near 1.55 and still same illegal sumout in prime95. i have a MSI 970Gaming and am using AIO water cooler. I wanna try different stress test programs and see if they show same instability or now. Also i heard prime95 can push your hardware to hard cause damage thats why i also want to switch tests. anyhelp?

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

did you raise voltage?

yes to 1.55V and i understand you shouldnt go past that.

1 minute ago, silverjay928 said:

yes to 1.55V and i understand you shouldnt go past that.

im not big in AMD but i think you lost in the silicon lottery. all chips do overclock differently 

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

im not big in AMD but i think you lost in the silicon lottery. all chips do overclock differently 

i was thinking the same thing

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

btw i like this program for benchmarking and temps. its a payed program but i think i can get you a key 

http://www.aida64.com/products/aida64-extreme

that would be great

1 minute ago, silverjay928 said:

i was thinking the same thing

that would be great

download aida 64 extreme and dm me for a key. also this is the stress test linus uses

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

download aida 64 extreme and dm me for a key. also this is the stress test linus uses

ok will do thanks and ive noticed.

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

wait, losing the lottery might mean that your CPU is incapable of overclocking???

1 minute ago, EvilNeo said:

wait, losing the lottery might mean that your CPU is incapable of overclocking???

not necessarily but it means your cpu might be limited. 

1 minute ago, EvilNeo said:

sometimes yes somtimes no. if you get a really bad chip you cant overclock if you get a semi bad chip it could only go up a few mhz. my GTX 980 was a bad gpu chip and it went up 50mhz

Just now, silverjay928 said:

not necessarily but it means your cpu might be limited. 

i know it's not necessarily but the limit might reach out that the CPU has no extra mhz to give out in OC?? that's tough :/ 

Just now, DominicNikon said:

sometimes yes somtimes no. if you get a really bad chip you cant overclock if you get a semi bad chip it could only go up a few mhz. my GTX 980 was a bad gpu chip and it went up 50mhz

is there any physical notices on the chip itself that would make someone notice that it's a bad one?
would a chip that had a problem and went back to intel for repairs be re-sold without noticing the consumers ,therefore it would be a bad chip?

2 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

is there any physical notices on the chip itself that would make someone notice that it's a bad one?
would a chip that had a problem and went back to intel for repairs be re-sold without noticing the consumers ,therefore it would be a bad chip?

there is no physical indication that it is a bad chip. intel might not even let you return it because it still can go up to boost clock but no higher 

Just now, DominicNikon said:

there is no physical indication that it is a bad chip. intel might not even let you return it because it still can go up to boost clock but no higher 

i didn't mean that the chip went back because it's a bad silicon lottery
i meant if it had a different X problem that for that problem to be repaired the chip was somehow downgraded

running at 4.8Ghz and have had the test on for a little over 20 mins gonna see if i can hit that magic 5.0Ghz