Setup Plan

So I have ~1650 usd including budget for monitor(2200 cad is what I really have but trying to save a little for games and rather not add that to the setup budget which is the previously mentioned amount)to spend and I am trying to build a nice setup. I have a few plans so if you guys can tell me what would be the best choice it would really help.

1.Keep using my almost brand new laptop until the Volta/Vega Gpus and cannon lake cpus come out and build my ultimate rig and have as much budget left over as possible

2.Suck it up and get what's best now (6700k, GTX 1080 etc.), and have not that much left over later basically killing the Volta dream

3.Get an okay pc(i3 6100, GTX 950) and get a decent monitor and sell the "okay" parts and keep some parts such as psu, case and storage drives and when the aforementioned gpus and cpus come out and have a close to original budget not including the recycled parts.

It really depends on how bad you want to game. I haven't had a single 'almighty' gaming rig in all my 10 years of pc gaming. But I can wait, so I will.

(Though I personally am waiting for Zen and Vega.)

There is something you can do, get a thunderbolt 3 laptop (like the dell xps 15 with gtx960m and i5 6300HQ) and when Vega etc come out, buy an eGPU case and game your heart out.

3 hours ago, raystriker98 said:

It really depends on how bad you want to game. I haven't had a single 'almighty' gaming rig in all my 10 years of pc gaming. But I can wait, so I will.

(Though I personally am waiting for Zen and Vega.)

There is something you can do, get a thunderbolt 3 laptop (like the dell xps 15 with gtx960m and i5 6300HQ) and when Vega etc come out, buy an eGPU case and game your heart out.

I kinda totally ruled out laptop since I already have one which I just bought like 2 months ago and also latpop aren't worth it for the long run since they don't have very long lifespans, I need this pc to last me 4+years since its a lot of money to replace a computer every 2 years especially when you can't afford it

Then i guess get what's enough for now.

Eg i5 6500, GTX 1070 or 1060 (when it lands) etc

Should last you a while.