Hello, I was checking if my new cpu have any problems and I used the intel diagnostic tool. During the test I got a fail on IMC Test. It says something about memory but I have no clue whats this error is about. Below are the specs I used to while using the diagnostic tool.

cpu: i7 6850k

motherboard: msi x99A Gaming Pro carbon

ram: g.skill trident z 32gb ddr4

If your not seeing any problems I wouldn't worry about it. You might check the intel ARC page to see if this is a bug in the architecture that is fixed in a latter stepping ie c2 c3. If its not the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) you could dropping down two a single stick of ram and try and different slots.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: Did some looking around and looks like tool doesn't fully support the IMC on skylake. Id wait for a new version of the intel diagnostic tool and run that if your still bothered.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/99814

14 minutes ago, ENiX said:

If your not seeing any problems I wouldn't worry about it. You might check the intel ARC page to see if this is a bug in the architecture that is fixed in a latter stepping ie c2 c3. If its not the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) you could dropping down two a single stick of ram and try and different slots.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: Did some looking around and looks like tool doesn't fully support the IMC on skylake. Id wait for a new version of the intel diagnostic tool and run that if your still bothered.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/99814

Thanks for the feedback! Alright I will look into that page. Yeah so far I haven't really seen much issues, booted fine to desktop. 

Wait, does that include the Broadwell-e? I did read the thread too but mine isn't a skylake. Although it is a newly released processor.

Intel is notorious for there tools not supporting new hardware and Broadwell-e is new hardware. Id bet this is the case here.

18 hours ago, ENiX said:

Intel is notorious for there tools not supporting new hardware and Broadwell-e is new hardware. Id bet this is the case here.

That's unfortunate to hear. I did contacted them and they didn't gave me much of a clear answer. But I do really hope this is the case. 

I did look into some other testing such as the memtest86 to see if there is any real memory problem but so far nothing seems to be wrong.

Thank you for helping me searching for an answer!