Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Case Fan Controller not working! :-(

Hey guys and girls.

I recently bought a second hand Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard for my second PC. As far as I can see, it seems to be working perfectly.

As part of this build, I also bought 3 lots of:

ARCTIC F12 PWM PST CO - 120mm Dual Ball Bearing Low Noise PWM Standard Case Fan with PST Feature - Ideal for Systems running 24/7

The problem I am having is that although the fans are connected to the motherboard headers for the system fans, they are not spinning at all.

I have tried to connect them to other headers on the motherboard but no luck.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can not find the settings in the BIOS that allows me to turn the system fans on. Does a setting like this even exist?

Please help!

Thanks so much!!

PointyFish

They should spin automatically.. otherwise check the hardware monitor tab

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I checked that and could not find anything. Is there any work around to this problem?

2 minutes ago, PointyFish said:

I checked that and could not find anything. Is there any work around to this problem?

Have you verified that the fans function, and that the onboard connectors you attempting to hook them up to also function? Verify hardware first.

3 minutes ago, PointyFish said:

The alignment plastic is in place?

And the fans are directly connected?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Are you sure the case fan controller is actually connected to your PSU. It's not like it can power itself up just from connecting the lead. You still need it to be connected to the PSU. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

34 minutes ago, hawaiims said:

Are you sure the case fan controller is actually connected to your PSU. It's not like it can power itself up just from connecting the lead. You still need it to be connected to the PSU. 

Huh? Does the motherboard not power the fans? So I need an external power source?