Printer not printing magenta and yellow?

Fortress

I have a Canon IP2770 inkjet printer that I bought almost 2 years ago. Recently I changed the coloured ink cartridge because it ran out of ink. It used to print photos in very good quality but suddenly it stopped printing in magenta and yellow. According to the print dialog box, it still has more than 60% of the coloured ink in it. When I tried deep cleaning it, which basically unclogs the print head, it still remains the same! I tried to pull it out and in again, still the same. I cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol, still the same. I can confidently (not 100% though) say that the print head is not clogged, because when I try to wipe the head with a tissue, all colors appear in a line pattern. Any suggestions?

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

some, if not most, printer's nozzle arent built in the ink catridge, and require you to disassemble the printer to properly clean it

my suggestion is perhaps buying a nozzle head cleaner kit for your particular printer if the nozzle isnt on the catridge, or just buy a new printer entirely as inkjets are tough to deal with once the nozzle is dried up

my solution is to trash it and buy another printer (that's how i gone through 5 or 6 inkjet printers in 8 years)

u can purchase inkjet and print something (the test page perhaps) once every 2 weeks or a month

or you can purchase a laser printer that doesnt have nozzles to clog since it's working with powders, though it's much more costly and the disadvantage is less clearer pictures, but clearer texts, so it depends on what you're doing

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Ah, I'd missed that you already cleaned it.

Edited by SageOfSpice
Reading comprehension