Hey so I'm building a new computer and want some input on it. It'll mostly be used for gaming at 1080p (max settings) and maybe 1440p in the future. The games i play mostly are BF4, GTA 5, Overwatch, etc so mostly AAA titles. My budget is about $650 although lower is always better. thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZpnBm8 

(Also I'm getting the gtx 980-(I don't know what brand, MSI card just a place holder) from a friend for free so don't tell me to get the 1080 cause its more than my entire budget.)

31 minutes ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

Hey so I'm building a new computer and want some input on it. It'll mostly be used for gaming at 1080p (max settings) and maybe 1440p in the future. The games i play mostly are BF4, GTA 5, Overwatch, etc so mostly AAA titles. My budget is about $650 although lower is always better. thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZpnBm8 

(Also I'm getting the gtx 980-(I don't know what brand, MSI card just a place holder) from a friend for free so don't tell me to get the 1080 cause its more than my entire budget.)

at a 120mm aio, air will have better temps

get one stick of 8gb ram

and ssd is unreliable.

basicly only things that need fixing

16 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

at a 120mm aio, air will have better temps

get one stick of 8gb ram

and ssd is unreliable.

basicly only things that need fixing

I was going to go air for cooler but there's only 120mm of clearance so there's not really enough room for a good cooler. Also why is the SSD unreliable? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

I was going to go air for cooler but there's only 120mm of clearance so there's not really enough room for a good cooler. Also why is the SSD unreliable? Thanks.

get a now profile bequiet or noctua cooler.

dont get the x41.

and the ssd is unreliable because its just plain bad. bad quality, no name, its just sketchy.

go for adata or crucial.

also, just noticed. why a unlocked chip with mobo that doesnt support ocing?

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

dont get the x41.

and the ssd is unreliable because its just plain bad. bad quality, no name, its just sketchy.

go for adata or crucial.

what's wrong with the x31?

1 minute ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

what's wrong with the x31?

it will cost more, and be not as good in general compared to the air cooler

2 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

dont get the x41.

go for adata or crucial.

also, just noticed. why a unlocked chip with mobo that doesnt support ocing?

Patriot is a good brand I wouldn't worry about the SSD I have a patriot flash drive that I used quite a bit for videos for the past half of a year and it still works fine

1 hour ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Patriot is a good brand I wouldn't worry about the SSD I have a patriot flash drive that I used quite a bit for videos for the past half of a year and it still works fine

the read/write requirements and duriability for ssds and flash drives are very different.

7 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

the read/write requirements and duriability for ssds and flash drives are very different.

I know that ssds have more durability to the write things if the patriot flash drive has survived the use I put it under I think a SSD from them would be a decent choice because if the flash drive can handle being used for videos and even benchmarking programs I bet you the SSD would handle it a million times better with the same good design quality

1 hour ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I know that ssds have more durability to the write things if the patriot flash drive has survived the use I put it under I think a SSD from them would be a decent choice because if the flash drive can handle being used for videos and even benchmarking programs I bet you the SSD would handle it a million times better with the same good design quality

my point, is, is it the same quality?