Asus E-ATX Case Compatability

chris

When I was trying to choose the best case in which I could comfortably fit my Asus Maximus Formula V, my main concern was whether I could fit it into a tower that wasn't explicitly E-ATX (or a larger standard) compatible. I would recommend choosing a nice large case though, as it would allow for more flexibility. I decided on the Corsair Carbide 500r, and Asus EATX boards fit in there nicely, with enough clearance to plug in all of the cables.

Post below if you have an ATX case with an Asus EATX motherboard in it. (remember Asus EATX is just a little wider than ATX). If there were any compromises then please list them too.

Corsair Carbide 500r can fit an Asus EATX Mobo!! (no compromises made)

I just recently bought a

case and I have an Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z and since it's an E-ATX board I'm just a tad worried about whether or not it is going to fit, since the case only supports up to ATX. I've read up on this issue and some people say you can get E-ATX boards in there but with a slight squeeze, so hopefully I can pull it off.

I'll post the results once I get the case!

I'm running a G1 sniper 3 in my NZXT phantom and it fits easily. It's not actually EATX; it is just a little wider than a normal ATX motherboard. Just make sure there is at least a couple inches of room past the rightmost motherboard standoff holes in the case and it should be fine.

I just recently bought a HAF-XB case and I have an Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z and since it's an E-ATX board I'm just a tad worried about whether or not it is going to fit, since the case only supports up to ATX. I've read up on this issue and some people say you can get E-ATX boards in there but with a slight squeeze, so hopefully I can pull it off.

I'll post the results once I get the case!

I heard that it was a tight squeeze, so good luck!

Hopefully it will fit in nicely!

I run a Maximus IV E-Z in a Silverstone Raven RV02. The most beautiful case ever assembled.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the rather late delay on this post, but yes it does in fact fit in the HAF-XB. It was a rather tight squeeze but it seems that the motherboard was perfectly made for this case. The removable motherboard tray fit the motherboard perfectly, edge to edge. The only thing that made me worry was that a hole you use to wire the 24 pin power up from the bottom part of the case scraps against the motherboard just a tad bit.

ive got my MIVE-Z in a fractal design arc midi and waiting for other

parts to install the M5F instead.. it is 1" wider than the standard ATX

board.. all thet usualy happens is the grommets or cable holes are

not accessable.

airdeano