Replacing case fans

Hi guys,

Firstly i hope that this is the right place for the topic. Secondly, as the title says i am going to be changing out the 2 stock fans that came with the NZXT s340 case. I believe they are the NZXT fx v2 120. I am also running two cooler master fans in the front as intakes, due to the rad for the AIO. 

The reason why i want to change the two exhaust fans is because the top one sometimes on startup makes a very loud grind, shakes a lot at a low RPM which i fix by powering down the system and giving it a sort of wiggle. I am assuming because it's a top mounted fan, dust got inside of places where its not supposed to be. 

So to finally get to the initial point, what would you recommend for me? I am using a white s340 case with a black and red theme going on. So i would kind of like to stick to the color scheme, notcua fans might not be ideal but something like the industrial series without the brown rubber mounting points might work as they are all black. (budget not necessarily an issue) 

Thanks in advance :D 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

4 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

NF-S12a

As much as i have been wanting to try them out, and there isn't one person on the internet out there to say something bad about them, i am just not sure i am willing to sacrifice "looks over function" just yet in this system. 

Is there anything that matches the performance in a normal neutral color scheme? 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

Have you tried contacting NZXT about the fan and getting a replacement?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried contacting NZXT about the fan and getting a replacement?

No i haven't yet. Initially i thought that it wouldn't be worth it for something like a €10 fan. But do you have any experience with NZXT, do you think they will be helpful with this kind of thing or just turn me down? 

1 minute ago, Pepi28 said:

No i haven't yet. Initially i thought that it wouldn't be worth it for something like a €10 fan. But do you have any experience with NZXT, do you think they will be helpful with this kind of thing or just turn me down? 

They're not the fastest at getting things delivered but have been very reliable from my past experiences. I don't see any downside to asking anyway. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're not the fastest at getting things delivered but have been very reliable from my past experiences. I don't see any downside to asking anyway. 

Yea asking definitely wouldn't hurt, shipping and stuff might be more annoying, optimistically speaking, since i am not in North America. I'll tray and get in contact with them, at the very least i might learn if this is a common issue with the fans. 

You'll want to get a high quality fluid dynamic bearing or similar with 150,000 MTBF. Not sure if the stock fans on your case fit that bill.

I recommend the Fractal Design Venturi HP-12. Reviews have actually found that the HP fans move more air than the HF, strangely enough.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

You'll want to get a high quality fluid dynamic bearing or similar with 150,000 MTBF. Not sure if the stock fans on your case fit that bill.

I recommend the Fractal Design Venturi HP-12. Reviews have actually found that the HP fans move more air than the HF, strangely enough.

Thanks for the recommendation, price wise the Fractal Design Venturi HP-12 seem to compete with the NF-S12a. Will see how the contacting NZXT thing works out, but will add them to the possible options list.