Overheating!?

KuyaJustin

So hello guys, first of all sorry if I post this on the wrong section because I don't know where to put this.

So I just woke up and go to my "computer area" and smell something like "computer smell" (lol)

So I decided to download a coretemp and I was like holy sh*t this is high!

JLvwPqi.png

Any idea why it get so high like that? like it was on 80c+ 

And how to keep it cool?!

Should I just change the settings of the fan on the BIOS? 

PS: I don't know anything much bout hardwares/softwares I'm not that pro but I know a lil bit bout it.

I just bought this new motherboard like 2days ago (replaced my old motherboard cause the gpu socket gone down) and with my old motherboard my temp only goes 40-50..

Thanks in advance! 

bad mounting of the cpu cooler? since you told it was working on a old motherboard. if it really bothers you, since 86 isnt rediculous high, get a aftermarket cooling soulution

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

1 minute ago, Rodniz said:

bad mounting of the cpu cooler? since you told it was working on a old motherboard. if it really bothers you, since 86 isnt rediculous high, get a aftermarket cooling soulution

What's the temp that I can say that it's "high"?

Oh okay, i'll just send my pc to some experts here on our country and let them check if the cpu cooler is bad mounted.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Dust, poor mounting, and bad thermal paste spread...one or a mixture of those 3.

As I said earlier my motherboard is new so my case is kind off "clear of dust" maybe ot's the poor mounting stuff I'll bring these to some experts.

Thanks anyways! 

2 minutes ago, KuyaJustin said:

What's the temp that I can say that it's "high"?

Oh okay, i'll just send my pc to some experts here on our country and let them check if the cpu cooler is bad mounted.

you can do that by urself. experts will charge you more money then a after market cooler as a hyper 212 would cost.
u should worry at temps above 90 degrees.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

3 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

you can do that by urself. experts will charge you more money then a after market cooler as a hyper 212 would cost.
u should worry at temps above 90 degrees.

I don't know anything bout motherboard stuff I just learned how to put a sticks of ram. lol
I have a friend that do it for free. :) 

2 minutes ago, KuyaJustin said:

I have a friend that do it for free. :) 

thats the best choice imo. report back the results! :)

10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Dust, poor mounting, and bad thermal paste spread...one or a mixture of those 3.

Definetely . I cleaned up my girlfriend's dad's desktop and applied some decent thermal paste. Idle temps went down from 68 to 28 ish and load wend down form 90 + to 60 ish when running prime 95

1 minute ago, Flavlus said:

Definetely . I cleaned up my girlfriend's dad's desktop and applied some decent thermal paste. Idle temps went down from 68 to 28 ish and load wend down form 90 + to 60 ish when running prime 95

What if I don't put "thermal paste"on it what will happen (some dumb question since idk)

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It will overheat more and probably die.  The paste is there to remove the heat off the chip, the cooler is there to cool it

I see, now I know and I feel dumb for not knowing that anyways thanks again!

1 minute ago, KuyaJustin said:

What if I don't put "thermal paste"on it what will happen (some dumb question since idk)

The thermal paste is quite important as it is what connects the CPU to the heatsink . without it expect very very high temperatures. I wold also recommend not getting a very budget thermal paste. Get a small one , should last you a long time. Also if you plan on upgrading your cooler to a larger one, the new heatsink will include a little tube of paste with it in the box. 

PS: personal recommendation Hyper 212x . Cheap and amazing cooler.

Feel free to ask me any more questions :)

2 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

The thermal paste is quite important as it is what connects the CPU to the heatsink . without it expect very very high temperatures. I wold also recommend not getting a very budget thermal paste. Get a small one , should last you a long time. Also if you plan on upgrading your cooler to a larger one, the new heatsink will include a little tube of paste with it in the box. 

PS: personal recommendation Hyper 212x . Cheap and amazing cooler.

Feel free to ask me any more questions :)

Thanks alot that clears me up alot!

1 minute ago, KuyaJustin said:

Thanks alot that clears me up alot!

No problem

UPDATE: So I tried to play CSGO and it automatically shut downs.. definitely overheating.. freaking heat.

UPDATE!: Bought an Thermal Paste and it actually decreases my temp thanks for the help everyone!