question about fractal define r5 cooling

I want to buy fractal define r5 case for my new computer, which has i7 6800k with noctua nh-d14 cooler and also gtx 1070 (probably gigabyte or evga air cooled).

If I put 2 fans in the front of the case, 1 in the back exhause. Will it overheat if I overclock the cpu and gpu ? to me the silent is very important. but I still want to overclock as well. so would you recommend if I put more fans in it or better ones or juts get a different case with better airflow?

Also I dont know if the window version of r5 is a lot more loader, I'd like window since my motherboard is asus x99 strix with leds on it but silent is more important to me than looks.

water cooling is no option btw

Watercooling high end hardware is end of story quieter than air cooling.

That said, the Define R5 actually doesn't have bad temps for a very quiet case (although the Define S is better for airflow), and three fans will be plenty fine for making sure you don't overheat your components (well a 6800k won't get that good of an OC on a D14 cooler, but that has nothing to do with the case).

The side panel window has a very marginal effect on noise according to official testing done to international standards on the case.

80f76231-4803-42a8-9f72-dbfa8218be14

The first column is with a solid panel, the middle is with the windowed panel and the last is an open air test bench with the same components.

A difference of less than 1 dBA is nothing to even think about.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Will I get atleast 4ghz on noctua nh-d14 ?

also Im upgrading from an i5-2500k which run at 4.5ghz (

will the newer generation and 12 thread outweigh the lower clockspeed ?

1 hour ago, Zanderb19 said:

Will I get atleast 4ghz on noctua nh-d14 ?

also Im upgrading from an i5-2500k which run at 4.5ghz (

will the newer generation and 12 thread outweigh the lower clockspeed ?

That seems reasonable. 

The cpu can definately hit higher clocks, it's just that a larger die means more power consumption and thus more cooling to keep temps from getting high. 

It will massively outperform the 2500k.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

thanks for help Ill buy fractal define r5 with a window and then probably later ill buy black fans instead of poop colored ones xD