sound card for headset to plug into

skysmad

ive got the logitech g430 - though tbh i think i should have gone for the g 230- but im wanting a sound card thats around £100 uk that would allow me to use the mic and the headset its self as i dont have an external mic 

ASUS Xonar Essence STX? Or get an External DAC/Amp.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Just plug it into the motherboard, a sound card won't do anything.

I also don't understand the logic of spending more on a crap sound card then you did on the headphones  :rolleyes:

ASUS Xonar Essence STX? Or get an External DAC/Amp.

DO NOT get the essence STX that would be a horrendous value, instead spend all that money on some new headphones, most likely you really won't see a big difference prior to having a soundcard and when having one, besides isn't that a usb headset? if so a soundcard won't do you much good.

not sure i fully understood the question .. but you should be able to just plug it into the motherboard and it should be fully functioning? sound and mic.

DO NOT get the essence STX that would be a horrendous value, instead spend all that money on some new headphones, most likely you really won't see a big difference prior to having a soundcard and when having one, besides isn't that a usb headset? if so a soundcard won't do you much good.

not sure i fully understood the question .. but you should be able to just plug it into the motherboard and it should be fully functioning? sound and mic.

Its Analog with a USB adapter but yeah still not worth buying a soundcard for.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

My bad, didn't notice it was a USB headset. I just recommended pretty much the only sound card that I think is any good. An external dac/amp is almost always better value and much more flexible.

Yeah there's really not much point getting anything expensive for that headset. 

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

My bad, didn't notice it was a USB headset. I just recommended pretty much the only sound card that I think is any good. An external dac/amp is almost always better value and much more flexible.

Yeah there's really not much point getting anything expensive for that headset. 

i think he would be alot happier with the results if he spendt more money on some headphones+mic or a similar solution, as the improvement would be tenfold compared to buying a soundcard at a similar price, he could buy external dac/amp now and upgrade sound equipment later, but i think the op was abit unclear as to what he wanted, wish we could have some more information and i get the impression he's not just looking for better sound.

i hate when you ask a question and everyone just says all the things you didn't ask for.. but really pretty much any soundcard should support audio out and mic input.

it can be its like ... ehh convertible the usb part can be taken out......if you watch linus video of he is WAY better at explaining 

it can be its like ... ehh convertible the usb part can be taken out......if you watch linus video of he is WAY better at explaining 

well yeah, look at Wesley's post above, he mentioned it, my point still stands though, that's a hell of alot of money to spend on the source when your end solution is not up to par, but each to his own.

Your headset is USB so a sound card wont do anything. So save your money and buy a good pair of headphone and clip on microphone and then buy a external Dac/amp.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

if I put $10,000 racing tires on a 90's era honda civic will it make it faster? not on that car. the G430 like the old tired civic will be a mismatch for an expensive soundcard. 

save your money