UK Guy here (1070)

RobPlev

Anyone know what time the 1070 will go on sale in GMT? 

No, they dont give this info :( all u can do is keep checking Scan.co.uk , ariapc.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk because they are the most likely to list the GPUs before they go up. Alternatively u can email or use live chat on Scan.co.uk and they will tell u.

PS. wait for MSI, EVGA etc. to see their prices and performance. FE might not be worth the money.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 minutes ago, Thony said:

PS. wait for MSI, EVGA etc. to see their prices and performance. FE might not be worth the money.

To me the biggest deciding factor is probably better cooling on custom cards.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

2 minutes ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

To me the biggest deciding factor is probably better cooling on custom cards.

I watched Jay's video on GTX 1080 and custom cooler on MSI vs FE had same freaking temps at load :( the clock was same... It broke my heart. The acoustics must be different story though.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 minute ago, Thony said:

I watched Jay's video on GTX 1080 and custom cooler on MSI vs FE had same freaking temps at load :( the clock was same... It broke my heart. The acoustics must be different story though.

Jay's the reason I consider the cooling. Even though I game 99% with a tight, noise cancelling headphones, I still want my pc to be as quiet as absolutely possible xP

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Going off of other written reviews, they are same in sound too

The 1070 FE doesn't have throttling problems, OC's well. If the board partners pricing is available tomorrow (which I suspect will be the roughly £30 less to more than the FE but won't be in stock for weeks) might have to pull the trigger on the FE, waiting has been a nightmare

1 minute ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

Jay's the reason I consider the cooling. Even though I game 99% with a tight, noise cancelling headphones, I still want my pc to be as quiet as absolutely possible xP

Then u need watercooled gpu :)

Then u need watercooled gpu :)

I do consider the MSI/Corsair or EVGA hybrid cards if they really can go silent. I would rather not work with making a WC loop myself, as I abandoned the project a while back out of frustration with the stupid kit that seems to have incompatible tubes and fittings.