Amazon.com vs amazon.de

Z-Gaming
Go to solution Solved by KWelz,

Airflow edition has a perforated front panel for much better air intake.  it makes a huger difference. 

So... i did some research and i found that the items below have free shipping if i get them from amazon.com, while living in Germany.

Intel Core i7 6700K "Skylake"

Samsung 850 pro 128 GB

Western Design Black 2TB

Kingston HyperX CloudII

Corsair Obsidian 750D

All of them cost roughly about 780$ ~ 685€, and in the same time cost about 835€ in amazon.de what's up with it? Am i wrong or did they not think that through enough? It saves me 150€ purchasing it from amazon.com cause they all come with free shipping. Allthough the case has to come separatelly.

And at last there are those 2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EB6O4N8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1465321588&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=corsair+750d&dpPl=1&dpID=31ZwJAVuCpL&ref=plSrch

and https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YJJBFIO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1465321588&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=corsair+750d&dpPl=1&dpID=41OpyUS4qWL&ref=plSrch

The second costs 30$ more, cause it says airflow edition or whatever... what is the difference, cause i cant spot it (both have the fans included)

Thanks a lot! :P

Airflow edition has a perforated front panel for much better air intake.  it makes a huger difference. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

The reason there is a price difference even with the shipping is import tax that is either paid when you order the product off amazon.de vs amazon.com where you may have to pay it (not entirelly sure on import laws be sure to double check). I would consider that before you place your order

1 hour ago, Z-Gaming said:

So... i did some research and i found that the items below have free shipping if i get them from amazon.com, while living in Germany.

Intel Core i7 6700K "Skylake"

Samsung 850 pro 128 GB

Western Design Black 2TB

Kingston HyperX CloudII

Corsair Obsidian 750D

All of them cost roughly about 780$ ~ 685€, and in the same time cost about 835€ in amazon.de what's up with it? Am i wrong or did they not think that through enough? It saves me 150€ purchasing it from amazon.com cause they all come with free shipping. Allthough the case has to come separatelly.

And at last there are those 2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EB6O4N8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1465321588&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=corsair+750d&dpPl=1&dpID=31ZwJAVuCpL&ref=plSrch

and https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YJJBFIO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1465321588&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=corsair+750d&dpPl=1&dpID=41OpyUS4qWL&ref=plSrch

The second costs 30$ more, cause it says airflow edition or whatever... what is the difference, cause i cant spot it (both have the fans included)

Thanks a lot! :P

Guten Tag,

da gibt es so ne Sache, die nennt man Steuern und Zoll ;)

Well, there is a thing called import taxes and/or VAT....Your products will get through the German customs control while shipping and then can get a taxation of 19% on the 685€ not even including the fee for customs. 685 EUR * 1,19 = 815 EUR. And then you still have to deal with gurantee and shipping all those things back to the USA if something is wrong or damaged.....

The 19% is, as you should know if you are from Germany the VAT (Mehrwertsteuer).

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

11 minutes ago, annoyingmoments said:

Guten Tag,

da gibt es so ne Sache, die nennt man Steuern und Zoll ;)

Well, there is a thing called import taxes and/or VAT....Your products will get through the German customs control while shipping and then can get a taxation of 19% on the 685€ not even including the fee for customs. 685 EUR * 1,19 = 815 EUR. And then you still have to deal with gurantee and shipping all those things back to the USA if something is wrong or damaged.....

The 19% is, as you should know if you are from Germany the VAT (Mehrwertsteuer).

I will move to aachen in august to study, so i dont know much of how things work in germany yet. They dont teach us these thing in deutsche schule athen, but i guess it wont take me too long to get used to things

18 hours ago, Z-Gaming said:

I will move to aachen in august to study, so i dont know much of how things work in germany yet. They dont teach us these thing in deutsche schule athen, but i guess it wont take me too long to get used to things

Ah, okay then. I thought you are from Germany. I do not know how everything works out if you order stuff on Amazon.com and try to order it to Greece. I guess it might be more even more VAT and taxes due the financial state of Greece.

Tech stuff is sadly more expensive here in Germany compared to the US or even the UK. Somehow everything need to be paid I guess....

Anyways, I hope you will like Germany and if you go studying at RWTH Aachen, then kudos, nice pick. One of the best areas to study here in NRW or even Germany.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

31 minutes ago, annoyingmoments said:

Ah, okay then. I thought you are from Germany. I do not know how everything works out if you order stuff on Amazon.com and try to order it to Greece. I guess it might be more even more VAT and taxes due the financial state of Greece.

Tech stuff is sadly more expensive here in Germany compared to the US or even the UK. Somehow everything need to be paid I guess....

Anyways, I hope you will like Germany and if you go studying at RWTH Aachen, then kudos, nice pick. One of the best areas to study here in NRW or even Germany.

I wont order them in greece cause the prices are too damn high. Aachen is one of the best in europe and i did study to get thet 1.7 in Abitur to get there. Anyway, thanks for replying and for the kind words :)

Ive been to germany twice Dresden and Berlin, and to tell you the truth, i do like the cloudy kinda cold weather, even more when i get used to it after couple of days