Corsair SP2500

DrainDoc

I don't have a question, just an experience I had this morning at home with my Corsair SP2500.

Now, I have always known that this system has awesome sound coming from it, (from reviews, and own experience).

But what I experienced this morning, was not only shocking......But literally, earth shattering! (at least, house shattering).

My son is on the computer( watching BF4 Premium Trailers),  wife is still asleep, I had just awoken.

All of the sudden, I would have sworn that it was an earthquake? A car hit the House? Something exploded?..........No,

it was just my Corsair SP2500. My son says he didn't realize the volume was so high. But yet, the dog is going ballistic,

(noises coming out of him, I never knew a dog could make). The wife is now fully awake and is loosing her mind screaming

like I have never heard before.

And as for myself........Lets just say, that my bowels all but evacuated on the spot!

The entire house shook....(I am total serious here!) The entire house Rumbled. Windows and all!

And the sound only lasted maybe 2-3 Sec. tops. My son pushing pause on the video and looking as

if he had just seen a ghost.

Now, I knew that this was a quality product.......But, Holy Cow!

So, word of warning to you guys out there. Careful with the SP2500.

I mean, you could seriously pull a practical joke on someone with this thing.

I had so much experience with the volume being too high. Had some huge speakers for my TV, really huge speakers, and the sound was set to max and I didn't know. Needless to say, my ears were ringing for the next little while.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Wow.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

I don't have a question, just an experience I had this morning at home with my Corsair SP2500.

Now, I have always known that this system has awesome sound coming from it, (from reviews, and own experience).

But what I experienced this morning, was not only shocking......But literally, earth shattering! (at least, house shattering).

My son is on the computer( watching BF4 Premium Trailers),  wife is still asleep, I had just awoken.

All of the sudden, I would have sworn that it was an earthquake? A car hit the House? Something exploded?..........No,

it was just my Corsair SP2500. My son says he didn't realize the volume was so high. But yet, the dog is going ballistic,

(noises coming out of him, I never knew a dog could make). The wife is now fully awake and is loosing her mind screaming

like I have never heard before.

And as for myself........Lets just say, that my bowels all but evacuated on the spot!

The entire house shook....(I am total serious here!) The entire house Rumbled. Windows and all!

And the sound only lasted maybe 2-3 Sec. tops. My son pushing pause on the video and looking as

if he had just seen a ghost.

Now, I knew that this was a quality product.......But, Holy Cow!

So, word of warning to you guys out there. Careful with the SP2500.

I mean, you could seriously pull a practical joke on someone with this thing.

Silly billy :D

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Apparently loud still equals good for some people.

Apparently you have never experienced the

SP2500.

Apparently you have never experienced the

SP2500.

You're right, I've got full sized speakers instead.

post-2468-0-38867800-1380421847.jpg

You're right, I've got full sized speakers instead.

attachicon.gif2013-05-12 17.44.10.jpg

I think you are completely missing the point here. This is not a pissing contest.

This was simply an experience that I shared about a "PC" Audio solution

that surprised me. That's all.

I mean Really? Calm down. Maybe skip your Steroid Injection today.

Incidentally, I also have those speakers. I just don't use them for my PC.

Little hard to put on my "Desktop".

WOW!  Really?

I think you are completely missing the point here. This is not a pissing contest.

WOW! Really?

I think you're the one that needs to relax. Were just making fun because your flipping out about sub-standard speakers/subwoofer from a computer component company.

I think you're the one that needs to relax. Were just making fun because your flipping out about sub-standard speakers/subwoofer from a computer component company.

"sub-standard speakers/subwoofer" ~ MayflowerElectronics

No truer words have been spoken by someone who doesn't have a clue about this product.

The Corsair SP2500 were actually designed by an Audio Engineer/Audiophile.

I never claimed that these speakers are the greatest Speakers that man kind has ever produced.

This Audio solution is what it is. It is meant for a desktop PC.....and 2 way at that. Period.

These speakers are not meant for a Who concert.

Corsair SP2500 are total Amazing!.........for what they are.

And man am I sorry I posted this thread. HOLY CHRIST!!!

Peace............ :rolleyes:

So cute!

Lmao...should I post a picture of my subwoofer?

Do it!

"sub-standard speakers/subwoofer" ~ MayflowerElectronics

No truer words have been spoken by someone who doesn't have a clue about this product.

The Corsair SP2500 were actually designed by an Audio Engineer/Audiophile.

I never claimed that these speakers are the greatest Speakers that man kind has ever produced.

This Audio solution is what it is. It is meant for a desktop PC.....and 2 way at that. Period.

These speakers are not meant for a Who concert.

Corsair SP2500 are total Amazing!.........for what they are.

And man am I sorry I posted this thread. HOLY CHRIST!!!

Peace............ :rolleyes:

There winding you, don't take it so serious lol.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

WOW!  Really?

Woah man, wasn't trying to start a flame war. I just find it funny when someone says something along the lines of "Oh man these speakers are great - they get so loud!" Loudness just doesn't equal sound quality in my book.

I've heard good things about the SP2500, and even if I personally think they're a tad overpriced I'm sure there's others who would disagree. Like you said, you can't exactly put full sized speakers on a standard desk. I see the niche the Corsair SP2500 fills in the market even if I don't particularly think that niche needs filling.

Despite what others may or may not think, IMO after picking up a used set of the SP2500's for the price I don't see how you could beat them. They really do sound great and better than anything I have personally heard for the $150.00-$200.00 range. Yes you can get a set of lower end monitors for that but not with a sub. So I have to agree with the OP they are a great set for the money and for what most would use. It's important to remember not everyone is an Audiophile and not everyone want's the sound a set of monitors would produce. It's like saying a new Ford of Chevrolet vehicle is not nice because its not a Lexus or Mercedes. I have noticed the audio forum lately has gotten very elitist at times, he didn't ask for advice was no real reason to come rain on his parade. Just all seemed very unnecessary. 

Despite what others may or may not think, IMO after picking up a used set of the SP2500's for the price I don't see how you could beat them. They really do sound great and better than anything I have personally heard for the $150.00-$200.00 range. Yes you can get a set of lower end monitors for that but not with a sub. So I have to agree with the OP they are a great set for the money and for what most would use. It's important to remember not everyone is an Audiophile and not everyone want's the sound a set of monitors would produce. It's like saying a new Ford of Chevrolet vehicle is not nice because its not a Lexus or Mercedes. I have noticed the audio forum lately has gotten very elitist at times, he didn't ask for advice was no real reason to come rain on his parade. Just all seemed very unnecessary. 

Oh, I'd positively agree that nothing comes close when you buy it at a used price, and I even implied there's nothing that beats them for the price/use-case at MSRP/stable retail price.  :rolleyes:

What I was trying to say was that a Ford or Chevrolet vehicle is not nice when you can get a Lexus or Mercedes for the same price. I'd pick a used Mercedes over a new Ford any day.

Woah man, wasn't trying to start a flame war. I just find it funny when someone says something along the lines of "Oh man these speakers are great - they get so loud!" Loudness just doesn't equal sound quality in my book.

I've heard good things about the SP2500, and even if I personally think they're a tad overpriced I'm sure there's others who would disagree. Like you said, you can't exactly put full sized speakers on a standard desk. I see the niche the Corsair SP2500 fills in the market even if I don't particularly think that niche needs filling.

"I just find it funny when someone says something along the lines of "Oh man these speakers are great - they get so loud!" Loudness just doesn't equal sound quality in my book." ~ ShearMe

I guess I should just leave it alone.........But.....I can't.  You are right. These speakers are great.(for 2-way desktop speakers)...Great sound quality....(for what they are).

But I don't remember posting anything, about how "they get so loud"?........"And how loudness is Awesome and equals sound quality"?  :huh:

Who said anything about, Loudness equals sound quality?

It's guys like you that love to twist things around, to make yourselves look like scholars and to build yourselves up, as your tearing others down.

Makes no sense to me at all.

So, to make yourself feel better about you.......Corsair SP2500's Completely and totally suck. Piece of crap. Useless.......etc......

And my hole Thread/Post, was absolutely asinine and a complete waste of time.

Does that about cover it for you?   ;)

"I just find it funny when someone says something along the lines of "Oh man these speakers are great - they get so loud!" Loudness just doesn't equal sound quality in my book." ~ ShearMe

I guess I should just leave it alone.........But.....I can't.  You are right. These speakers are great.(for 2-way desktop speakers)...Great sound quality....(for what they are).

But I don't remember posting anything, about how "they get so loud"?........"And how loudness is Awesome and equals sound quality"?  :huh:

It's guys like you that love to twist things around, to make yourselves look like scholars and to build yourselves up, as your tearing others down.

So, to make yourself feel better about you.......Corsair SP2500's Completely and totally suck. Piece of crap. Useless.......etc......

I think your jimmies are a bit rustled, which was not my intent. I never even said the SP2500's suck.

You did, however, say "something along the lines of" how loud they get.

[...]

All of the sudden, I would have sworn that it was an earthquake? A car hit the House? Something exploded?.

[...]

Why would you even say something like that? What's even the point? You're just making yourself look silly man.

DrainDoc, on 28 Sept 2013 - 4:08 PM, said:snapback.png

[...]

All of the sudden, I would have sworn that it was an earthquake? A car hit the House? Something exploded?.

[...]

You are absolutely correct. They were very loud. But I don't see anything that mentions how

with loudness, comes sound quality, as you insinuated/mentioned.

And you are also correct when you stated that my, "jimmies are a bit rustled".

That will happen when I am being challenged on something. Especially, when it didn't even warrant it. 

Why would you even say something like that? What's even the point? You're just making yourself look silly man.

penance said it best..........."I have noticed the audio forum lately has gotten very elitist at times, he didn't ask for advice was no real reason to come rain on his parade. Just all seemed very unnecessary." 

lol at all the condescending "audiophiles" in this thread.

Holy shit i know there are lots of audiophiles in this forum but not the pathetic condescending ones who because they have more money to spend on audio equipment than others just wiggle their audio dick to their face.

Keep it up guys, well done!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883