Clusters of tiny servers

Hey guys!

So, for being such a good, good student (yeah, right) - I got from Amazon EWS (it's a free student account, go for it!) the opportunity to create one micro instance (1CPU, 1 Gb RAM), as well as two tiny, tiny instances (0.75 gb RAM, 0.25 CPU) at Azure.

My question is, is it worth it to use the EWS server as a front node and add the others two in and create a cluster?

Would it be worth it to add some virtual machines on my PC as well and add them as nodes ? (AMD Athlon II x4 955) - Quad Core at 3.2 ghz, 24 GB RAM.

I'm starting out with voice recognition and machine learning, and honestly, I doubt that three little servers would make any difference; mainly, would I get a better computing experience tying up a couple of virtual machines and those three servers, on CentOS, rather than just leave it do its thing on my Windows PC? 

Thanks in advance!

----Let's break it apart!!-----

One advantage is if your personal ISP limits your bandwidth, you could use those three machines for additional bandwidth. Be it to mirror data etc.. As far as doing any computational work, I don't think you'd see a benefit other than learning how to use Amazon AWS and M$ Azure.

On 6/3/2016 at 0:30 PM, Mikensan said:

One advantage is if your personal ISP limits your bandwidth, you could use those three machines for additional bandwidth. Be it to mirror data etc.. As far as doing any computational work, I don't think you'd see a benefit other than learning how to use Amazon AWS and M$ Azure.

AWS free tier has a max 15gb or data transfer before you start paying per Gb