Wrong driver for Webcam (help)

Hello there

I own a HP HD-4110 Webcam.

It worked a long time ago, but I would really have it fixed now.

The driver is mistakenly seen as "SunPlusIt PC Camera"

How can i force the camera to choose another driver? I tried removing and uninstalling the driver, but it automatically chooses the same one the next time i put it in.

If you need any more info, then I'll be happy to reply as soon as possible.

-Crafting

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Armor OC RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper SSD: Samsung 850 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Peripherals: Monitor: 27'' QHD 144Hz Acer XF270HUA Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)

7 minutes ago, Crafting said:

Hello there

I own a HP HD-4110 Webcam.

It worked a long time ago, but I would really have it fixed now.

The driver is mistakenly seen as "SunPlusIt PC Camera"

How can i force the camera to choose another driver? I tried removing and uninstalling the driver, but it automatically chooses the same one the next time i put it in.

If you need any more info, then I'll be happy to reply as soon as possible.

-Crafting

If you go to it in device manager, click and select update driver, choose pick a driver and either have it scan the folder it's in or pick I will choose what to use myself, and then click have disk and browse to the driver's location.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

3 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

If you go to it in device manager, click and select update driver, choose pick a driver and either have it scan the folder it's in or pick I will choose what to use myself, and then click have disk and browse to the driver's location.

Yes, I've tried that, but the driver just reinstalls the same one the next time I plug it in. And the search for driver function just says it already has the right driver on it.

-Crafting

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Armor OC RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper SSD: Samsung 850 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Peripherals: Monitor: 27'' QHD 144Hz Acer XF270HUA Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)

1 minute ago, Crafting said:

Yes, I've tried that, but the driver just reinstalls the same one the next time I plug it in. And the search for driver function just says it already has the right driver on it.

-Crafting

ah, not sure what to tell you then...maybe go for a new web cam? They don't cost that much now.

You could try to go and manually delete the driver it keeps installing but that may not work. What version of windows are you running?

1 minute ago, swordsman247 said:

ah, not sure what to tell you then...maybe go for a new web cam? They don't cost that much now.

You could try to go and manually delete the driver it keeps installing but that may not work. What version of windows are you running?

I've uninstalled the driver several times, but it just reinstalls the bad driver, since it can't find anything else I guess.

Im running Win10

-Crafting

1 minute ago, Crafting said:

I've uninstalled the driver several times, but it just reinstalls the bad driver, since it can't find anything else I guess.

Im running Win10

-Crafting

hmm. it should let you override it then...does it give you the option to remove the driver when you uninstal? If it's a stock driver it might not, but most of the one windows will download for you can be removed.

3 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

hmm. it should let you override it then...does it give you the option to remove the driver when you uninstal? If it's a stock driver it might not, but most of the one windows will download for you can be removed.

It does not let me override, it can't get rid of the SunPlusIT PC driver for some reason, and I am 100% sure that it wasn't the one it came with.

3 minutes ago, Crafting said:

It does not let me override, it can't get rid of the SunPlusIT PC driver for some reason, and I am 100% sure that it wasn't the one it came with.

Well, I'm out of ideas. maybe someone else will jump on and be able to help you, good luck.