Kailh vs Cherry

Clanscorpia

There is a really good deal right now on a Kailh keyboard but I am worried about getting it because the keyboard i just returned had Kailh browns and every press felt different. It was a terrible first experience with a mechanical keyboard. I was very disappointed and I don't want it to happen again. Was it a bad bunch or are they all bad? Or did i just need to work the keyboard in? Thanks !

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

There is a really good deal right now on a Kailh keyboard but I am worried about getting it because the keyboard i just returned had Kailh browns and every press felt different. It was a terrible first experience with a mechanical keyboard. I was very disappointed and I don't want it to happen again. Was it a bad bunch or are they all bad? Or did i just need to work the keyboard in? Thanks !

How good of a deal? 

Kailhs are inconsistent. You just have to live with it. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Kailh produce the exact same switches as cherry, but at a lower pricepoint.

One can argue that Kailh, have worse quality control, but that's only based on the fact Kailh is a Chinese company, and Cherry MX is German. 

http://imgur.com/a/7ujle

Personally, from the pricepoint perspective, Kailh the better option. Cherry MX keyboards are overpriced, rather badly.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

kaih keys are ok they tend to wear out faster. but you get what you pay for i guess.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

43 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

How good of a deal? 

Kailhs are inconsistent. You just have to live with it. 

$110 for a full keyboard with browns and RGB. Or $130 for blues and RGB closest equivalent in a 10 keyless brown cherry with white backlight 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

bump

Spoiler

AXIOM

49 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

$110 for a full keyboard with browns and RGB. Or $130 for blues and RGB closest equivalent in a 10 keyless brown cherry with white backlight 

You can get an RGB keyboard with Kailh Blues for $90 on Newegg right now if you're interested. I used it for a while and it was actually pretty good, I found the clicks are louder than your standard Cherry MX Blue but overall the experience on the keyboard was pretty consistent: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839028&cm_re=azio_mgk1_rgb-_-23-839-028-_-Product

To be 100% honest, the Kailh switches on that keyboard felt better than the current Corsair keyboard with RGB MX Blues I'm using right now but those have a history of being inconsistent so take that as you will. 

1 minute ago, Kleever said:

You can get an RGB keyboard with Kailh Blues for $90 on Newegg right now if you're interested. I used it for a while and it was actually pretty good, I found the clicks are louder than your standard Cherry MX Blue but overall the experience on the keyboard was pretty consistent: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839028&cm_re=azio_mgk1_rgb-_-23-839-028-_-Product

To be 100% honest, the Kailh switches on that keyboard felt better than the current Corsair keyboard with RGB MX Blues I'm using right now but those have a history of being inconsistent so take that as you will. 

Thats the 130 CAD one

Spoiler

AXIOM

The RGB isn't a deal breaker but it would be great. I think I'll go for the Cherry keyboard for the consistency. If Kailh aren't to bad though I might get one.

5 minutes ago, Kleever said:

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

kaih keys are ok they tend to wear out faster. but you get what you pay for i guess.

1 hour ago, Fulgrim said:

Kailh produce the exact same switches as cherry, but at a lower pricepoint.

One can argue that Kailh, have worse quality control, but that's only based on the fact Kailh is a Chinese company, and Cherry MX is German. 

http://imgur.com/a/7ujle

Personally, from the pricepoint perspective, Kailh the better option. Cherry MX keyboards are overpriced, rather badly.

Spoiler

AXIOM

They are made the same but Kaihl's are made with cheaper materials and they have a lower standard of quality or consistency than Cherry. Hence, the lower price point, but it also comes with more chance of inconsistency and wearing down faster