GNU GRUB 2.0

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Grub doesn't install to the partition of the os. Rather, it installs to the drive itself. Simply deleting your partition was a very bad idea, because you lost grub's configuration files. If recovering the windows boot loader doesn't work, try backing up your windows partition, then reinstalling windows (formatting the whole drive) and copying the backup over the new main partition. This way, windows will have created a new functioning boot partition and you should be able to boot in your os.

Guys I need help. Earlier this year I made my laptop a dual-boot system, Window 8.1 and Backbox. Later I got bored with Backbox and delete it's partition from my hard drive. After that, I try to recover Window Bootloader using recovery media and it didn't work. I try another solution, using Ubuntu-Live trying to remove ext4 partition. It say it already remove and when I reboot my laptop, GNU GRUB 2.0 still there. Any solution?

GNU GRUB 2.0.jpg

Use a Liveboot USB and mount the partition that holds the bootloaders. You should see a folder called Grub or something similar along with another that says Windows. (I'm not of the exact naming since I did this quite a while ago) Delete the directory called grub.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Already delete the ext4 in Ubuntu but the problem still happening:(

Just put in a Windows bootable media and repair the startup.  The automatic should work just fine.  If it doesn't, then open the command prompt in there and type

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

I already try 

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

But it didn't work. I will try using the other 2

Grub doesn't install to the partition of the os. Rather, it installs to the drive itself. Simply deleting your partition was a very bad idea, because you lost grub's configuration files. If recovering the windows boot loader doesn't work, try backing up your windows partition, then reinstalling windows (formatting the whole drive) and copying the backup over the new main partition. This way, windows will have created a new functioning boot partition and you should be able to boot in your os.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*