Autocad question

Does it perform better under a certain hardware configuration? like Intel or AMD.

Does it uses GPU acceleration?, if so Nvidia or AMD?

I was asked to build a pc to work using Autocad (2012), and gaming for his kids.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

I don't think that AutoCAD supports GPU acceleration, so CUDA/OpenCL are not factors in this situation. However, looking at benchmarks like these : 

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/AutoDesk-AutoCAD-2013-GPU-Acceleration-164/

The Nvidia GPUs seem to outperforms AMD's GPUs, so I would go for that.

CPU wise, I'm reading that most of AutoCAD isn't multithreaded (only 2D regeneration and mental ray rendering), so you might want to go for a 4770k. According to the same benchmark I linked you to, it seems that the Z77 platforms outperforms the X79 platform, so there's no point into spending more and getting a LGA2011 processor =)

I don't think that AutoCAD supports GPU acceleration, so CUDA/OpenCL are not factors in this situation. However, looking at benchmarks like these : 

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/AutoDesk-AutoCAD-2013-GPU-Acceleration-164/

The Nvidia GPUs seem to outperforms AMD's GPUs, so I would go for that.

CPU wise, I'm reading that most of AutoCAD isn't multithreaded (only 2D regeneration and mental ray rendering), so you might want to go for a 4770k. According to the same benchmark I linked you to, it seems that the Z77 platforms outperforms the X79 platform, so there's no point into spending more and getting a LGA2011 processor =)

Thank you my friend.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1