Internet disconnecting

Half Wolf

HI guys!

So I just moved into a new home and first thing I noticed when we had the internet transferred it was pretty slow. after spending a few hrs messing with it I figured one of the problems. when the Internet guy came in he reset the routers and I was running on 2.4hz in sted of 5hz. Anyways the reason I posted on here was sometimes I disconnect when skyping or watching youtube for a second and reconnects I cant figure out the problem any ideas?

Is it your internet or just the WIfi signal? If your internet getting DC then you should call your ISP and if the router then you may need to check the settings, it may reset itself every 1 hour. If none of that was the problem then it may be the device you are using, i mean your pc or smartphone.

What is your router modell number?

6 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

Is it your internet or just the WIfi signal? If your internet getting DC then you should call your ISP and if the router then you may need to check the settings, it may reset itself every 1 hour. If none of that was the problem then it may be the device you are using, i mean your pc or smartphone.

What is your router modell number?

Its a linksys EA6350, forgot to mention that I have 2 routers one is from xfinity security. But I don't want to mess with it because It says on it not to because it will mess up my home security.

the configuration that i have on it right now is the modem connected to xfinity router and xfinity connected to my main router. if this helps.

I really appreciate your help! thanks you.

5 minutes ago, Half Wolf said:

Its a linksys EA6350, forgot to mention that I have 2 routers one is from xfinity security. But I don't want to mess with it because It says on it not to because it will mess up my home security.

the configuration that i have on it right now is the modem connected to xfinity router and xfinity connected to my main router. if this helps.

I really appreciate your help! thanks you.

I had the same problem once and it got fixed when i contacted my ISP and explained to them the situation. You may need to contact your ISP as well. I'm sorry that i couldn't help you, there is alot of reasons that cause this problem and i can't tell you by guessing.

1 minute ago, MentalBlank said:

I had the same problem once and it got fixed when i contacted my ISP and explained to them the situation. You may need to contact your ISP as well. I'm sorry that i couldn't help you, there is alot of reasons that cause this problem and i can't tell you by guessing.

Okay I will. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I really do thank you for advice MentalBlank, hope you have a good day!

1 minute ago, Half Wolf said:

Okay I will. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I really do thank you for advice MentalBlank, hope you have a good day!

No problem, you more than welcome.