Learning Japanese

teddy710

Anyone have any ideas of how to learn Japanese. Km looking more for an app and I can't travel there at the moment lol got school and work but if anyone has first hand experience with this then please give some advice! Thanks!

I would also like to know this...

My PC:- Codename: DarthStorm | Corsair Carbide Spec-03 | Asus Z170-E Skylake | i7 6700k | Thermaltake Water 3.0 Cooler | 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3000MHz | GeForce GTX 970 Strix | 480Gb Sandisk Ultra II + 4Tb WD Blue | 750w Corsair Builder Series CX750M

I would think it would be the same way you learn any language... 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Italki is a good site once you are at an intermediate level and want to practice openly with another native speaker.
just don't be "that" guy that only talks about anime, looking at all the English speakers looking for Japanese speaking partners and their avatars I can only guess at the levels of Weaboo that goes on there. 

as far as beginner.... ugh /shrug. start with Hiragana then Katakana 

and as far as Kanji I hear good things about this paid app called Wanikani there is also a free program that you'd have to set up for yourself as its not that plug and play but Anki is pretty decent. 
myself, I'm old school I grabbed my cousin's old Kanji textbook and grabbed several hundred index cards and made my own flash cards. starting at Japanese level grade 1 -4. I figure by the time I get to grade 5 kanji I should have enough to read native material and get my practice from there. I'm currently at grade 3 Kanji and I still need a lot of "furigana" to help me out. 
there is also a Chrome addon called rikaikun that adds furigana/translations to kanji on websites. 

sorry I'm not so helpful for the beginner I'm only an intermediate/advanced speaker. 

PS I'm also gearing up to take on the JLPT N2/N3 tests you can also pick up some of those textbooks from Amazon just do a search for nihongo so-matome a beginner would be N5 and advanced is N1 

good luck 

This is a happy tour for me to read on your post. Thanks.