do i return my 970 ?

ChrisxParkinson

I recently purchased an EVGA SC 970 that was on sale at my local ncix... i knew pascal was coming soon but recently i sold my 290x because it didnt fit in my new case (it had a custom water cooler and there was not enough clearance for the rad)... i was using a 570 but it ended up breaking... 

Long story short im debating between waiting past my return period for evga to announce if their step up program will cover me upgrading to a 1070 or if i should not risk and it and return it before my return policy ends thursday (i will lose 15 percent of the purchase price as a restocking fee but it will guarantee that i can upgrade to pascal)..

in all honesty the 970 performs more than well enough for what i use it for at 1080p but i like the idea of a 4k upgrade path with pascal so im definitely going to upgrade if i get the chance ! 

thoughts? 

- Chris

6 minutes ago, ChrisxParkinson said:

I recently purchased an EVGA SC 970 that was on sale at my local ncix... i knew pascal was coming soon but recently i sold my 290x because it didnt fit in my new case (it had a custom water cooler and there was not enough clearance for the rad)... i was using a 570 but it ended up breaking... 

Long story short im debating between waiting past my return period for evga to announce if their step up program will cover me upgrading to a 1070 or if i should not risk and it and return it before my return policy ends thursday (i will lose 15 percent of the purchase price as a restocking fee but it will guarantee that i can upgrade to pascal)..

in all honesty the 970 performs more than well enough for what i use it for at 1080p but i like the idea of a 4k upgrade path with pascal so im definitely going to upgrade if i get the chance ! 

thoughts? 

Really if you actually have the plan for higher end gaming then, yes you should wait.

If not you should still be fine with the 970.