wich ultrawide monitor should I get?

Hi, i'm looking for a new monitor.

I'll do some office work for school (excel, word) and I would love editing some footage made with my next camera (panasonic lumix g7) on a 21:9 screen

So which monitor should I get?

I don't care much on the audio side, mainly because I'll wear very often my headphones, but I don't anyway want a terrible audio, so I'm really divided: should I get the dell u3415w, which is an ips 34 inch UWQHD curved monitor, or  the HP 34c, which is a SVA 34 inch UWQHD curved monitor, that costs ( in italy) about ~70€ more but has in the package decent audio.

I have to say that I love deep blacks and high contrast, but i don't want bad viewing angles in a curved ultrawide monitor.

So which one should I get?

Are so much better the viewing angles on an ips display than on a va one? ore they're not worth the loosing of deeper black an the backlight bleeding?

is the ~70€ price difference worth the decent audio or with this cash i can buy a better audio system. (but i don't want more cables laying around)

2 minutes ago, Kiiro_ said:

Hi, i'm looking for a new monitor.

I'll do some office work for school (excel, word) and I would love editing some footage made with my next camera (panasonic lumix g7) on a 21:9 screen

So which monitor should I get?

I don't care much on the audio side, mainly because I'll wear very often my headphones, but I don't anyway want a terrible audio, so I'm really divided: should I get the dell u3415w, which is an ips 34 inch UWQHD curved monitor, or  the HP 34c, which is a SVA 34 inch UWQHD curved monitor, that costs ( in italy) about ~70€ more but has in the package decent audio.

I have to say that I love deep blacks and high contrast, but i don't want bad viewing angles in a curved ultrawide monitor.

So which one should I get?

Are so much better the viewing angles on an ips display than on a va one? ore they're not worth the loosing of deeper black an the backlight bleeding?

is the ~70€ price difference worth the decent audio or with this cash i can buy a better audio system. (but i don't want more cables laying around)

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-D2015HM-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B012AQIEVI/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462826662&sr=1-4&keywords=monitor

Would be quite fine for what you'll do really...but since you ask,..

you should go with the dell

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-D2015HM-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B012AQIEVI/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462826662&sr=1-4&keywords=monitor

Would be quite fine for what you'll do really...but since you ask,..

you should go with the dell

I hate this logic: because I could use a 19 fhd 16:9 monitor I shouldn't get the 21:9?

It's like say: because I can potentially do some 4k video editing on a celeron, I have to buy it because it's cheaper than a xeon, but the experience will be a total pain

and really, for video editing and productivity this aspect ratio is a godgift and I like do some casual gaming too

Just now, Kiiro_ said:

I hate this logic: because I could use a 19 fhd 16:9 monitor I shouldn't get the 21:9?

It's like say: because I can potentially do some 4k video editing on a celeron, I have to buy it because it's cheaper than a xeon, but the experience will be a total pain

and really, for video editing and productivity this aspect ratio is a godgift and I like do some casual gaming too

I was only suggesting....since you said school work and a BIT of editing.....it was only what I would have done....so dont get offended. I try to get people to save as much cash as they can on unnecessary items so they can focus more on raw horsepower, but I can see why you might want something different..

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

I would buy the x34. But only for Gaming.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

I was only suggesting....since you said school work and a BIT of editing.....it was only what I would have done....so dont get offended. I try to get people to save as much cash as they can on unnecessary items so they can focus more on raw horsepower, but I can see why you might want something different..

ok, i was a little bit too rough, but I've asked which ultrawide monitor should I get because I obviously want an ultrawide dispay

(sorry for the rough reaction anyway :))

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

I would buy the x34. But only for Gaming.

Yep but gaming isn't my focus and the x34 costs ~400€ more than the hp 34c