Portable rig/ homemade laptop

Hi LTT

Im looking for some advice on an upcomming build of mine.  I want to build a desktop computer into a black plastic instrument case. The case im planing has room for a 22" monitor up top and enough room in the bottom to house an ATX psu, an mATX mobo and (with a riser) an ITX gtx 960 (which i already have). I have 2 main questions but feel free to poke holes in my plan otherwise, I'd much prefer this to fail on a forum before it fails irl and costs me a whole bunch of money

1. Will an ATX psu be electrically safe in a black plastic case? I plan of ventilating the space well and im not going to do any soldering on mains wires but ive got this notion that the motherboard and psu need to be grounded on metal?

2. I would love a mechanical hdd, I spend alot of time away from home for work and having my movie collection on tap (as well as my steam library) would make motels alot more enjoyable. While im using the pc it will be stationary but i will be driving it and carrying it around, just like a suitcase. Will a standard 3.5" hdd survive bumps and knocks (when off) that a suitcase would encounter?

I'll just head off the alternatives to this at the pass. A ps vita / nintendo ds is under powered and a good laptop with a decent gpu is way too expensive at least (1600 AUD). I've costed this plan out to about 600 AUD by re using some stuff i already have. Im not worried about battery because I will always have a powerpoint when I want to game and i know it will be a brick but I only ever drive to my live-aways.

Thanks peeps, any input would be appreciated 

For the hard disk, I would recommend dampeners for it so they could absorb some of the bumps and reduce risk for damage. I would back that shit up because there is still a chance of it getting reckt.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4.