Anti RAT Program

Go to solution Solved by Boobies Sprinkle,

No piracy software or Windows. 

So I was told a while ago about a program that can tell you if you're being 'ratted' I forgot the name of it but I was just wondering if anyone had the best one on their mind

edit - for windows please

if by RAT you mean Remote Administration Tool, any good anti-malware should do the job. Something like Malwarebyter or Bitdefender.

If it's not that kind of RAT, then idk what you mean

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

3 hours ago, Cryosec said:

if by RAT you mean Remote Administration Tool, any good anti-malware should do the job. Something like Malwarebyter or Bitdefender.

If it's not that kind of RAT, then idk what you mean

Those are the programs that prevent them and etc, I want the program that can tell if you are currently ratted. 

2 minutes ago, Yames said:

Those are the programs that prevent them and etc, I want the program that can tell if you are currently ratted. 

If they are on your PC, than anti malware or anti virus should pick it up with its real time protection. 

3 minutes ago, Yames said:

they can also scan for current infection, that's the anti-malware job

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

3 hours ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

If they are on your PC, than anti malware or anti virus should pick it up with its real time protection. 

Thanks, but do you know of a program like the one I've stated anyway? I'll keep that in mind for future reference 

5 minutes ago, Yames said:

Thanks, but do you know of a program like the one I've stated anyway? I'll keep that in mind for future reference 

I think SpyHunter. It's an anti-rootkit and anti-spyware software, but I never tested it so I can't say much about its efficiency

edit: also Spybot Search&Destroy. my father used this one

2 minutes ago, Yames said:

It's difficult to detect them if your are not an expert because RAT usually hide themselves inside HTTPS and HTTP traffic and thereby resemble normal network traffic. But if they are on your PC, Malwarebytes and other antivirus should able to prevent them slip into your machine in the first place. 

3 hours ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

It's difficult to detect them if your are not an expert because RAT usually hide themselves inside HTTPS and HTTP traffic and thereby resemble normal network traffic. But if they are on your PC, Malwarebytes and other antivirus should able to prevent them slip into your machine in the first place. 

That sounds satisfying enough to me

2 minutes ago, Cryosec said:

I think SpyHunter. It's an anti-rootkit and anti-spyware software, but I never tested it so I can't say much about its efficiency

SpyHunter is a fake antivirus. 

3 minutes ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

SpyHunter is a fake antivirus. 

You're right. OP forget about that software, my mistake

5 minutes ago, Yames said:

That sounds satisfying enough to me

If you following these steps than you should be fine:

Keeps Windows up-to-date.

Keeps browsers up-to-date.

Keeps antivirus/antimalware up-to-date. You can run Malwarebytes Anti Malware alongside with any Antivirus for strong protection.

Make sure software firewall is on.

Make sure your router have a firewall as well, because software firewall + hardware firewall = difficult for hackers to penetrate your security without compromise your computer or your router IP.

Make sure your router use WPA2 key. 

Common sense.