Windows 7 PRO asks for updates everytime? loop?

Hello fello techies!

today i've installed service pack 1 for Win7 pro from the Microsoft website and when completed the service pack, this strange thing happened i saw that windows updates was activated while i disabled it but never the less i installed the important updates and moved on while the updates were done i wanted to disable the updates so i don't get bothered again about stupid updates. and i can't disable it for some reason. why i don't know, i'm the only user of this computer and my profile is admin. i searched the web for answers but most of the answers lead to the register and change a key value in Windows\Windows\AU but there isn't a second windows in mine register so therefore i can't change it. can anyone help me out with this one? because these windows updates keeps driving me NUTS!

Why do you want to disable Windows Updates? Disable Windows Updates will leave your device vulnerable to internet threats. Most of Windows Updates is about security patch. 

If you are worried about it "unexpectedly automatically" updating to Windows 10, there is actually a very easy way to prevent that, and it doesn't require any sketchy hack tools.

1. Set updates to notify you they are available but do not download or install automatically (you wouldn't believe how many people cluelessly leave them on full auto and then complain when it installs things they don't want xD)
  2. Every time there are updates, just take a couple seconds to look at the list.  Do not let it install KB3035583 and you'll be fine!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

@Boobies Sprinkle i just hate it now because it seems to be in a loop, after every shutdown it says configuring update 1 of 1 and when you think it's installed it isn't

@Ryan_Vickers no i'm not worried about upgrading it automaticly to win 10 but it's very annoying, and what is "KB3035583"?

8 minutes ago, Briareos7 said:

@Ryan_Vickers no i'm not worried about upgrading it automaticly to win 10 but it's very annoying, and what is "KB3035583"?

It's the windows update that installs the icon that sits in your taskbar and pesters you to upgrade to windows 10 constantly.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

@Ryan_Vickers no win 10 upgrade doesn't show up, bust still thanks will look out for that one but do you know how i can still disable windows updates?

3 minutes ago, Briareos7 said:

@Ryan_Vickers no win 10 upgrade doesn't show up, bust still thanks will look out for that one but do you know how i can still disable windows updates?

If disabling them normally using the options in the control panel doesn't work (like below)

5669d1334785067-windows-update-automatic

Then my only other suggestion would be to disable the windows update service.

Untitled.jpg

I must once again stress though that I would advice against entirely disabling updates, and the reason you are getting so many is probably because it is a new install and it has to go through a few "waves" until everything sort of "calms down".  If you let them all finish, it will probably drop off to the typical rate of once a week or so.

@Ryan_Vickers mmmm, ok i will see how it's doing after 2 weeks and if it doesn't "calm down" i will disable it, thanks for the advice btw ;)