PC needs an upgrade

My PC is in need of a serious upgrade. I already have an r9 280x so I don't need a GPU. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't want junk. Please help :)

8 minutes ago, Johnny250 said:

My PC is in need of a serious upgrade. I already have an r9 280x so I don't need a GPU. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't want junk. Please help :)

What´s the rest of your PC?

3 minutes ago, DarkRuskov said:

budget, uses, what do you already have except the GPU? how do you expect people to help you if you don't give any info?

agreed 

Gaming with light background programs like YouTube and Skype. Budget isn't a big deal just decent performance. I only have the GPU. I need the rest :)

1 minute ago, Johnny250 said:

Gaming with light background programs like YouTube and Skype. Budget isn't a big deal just resent performance. I only have the GPU. I need the rest :)

Budget as in how much money are you willing to spend, also do you need peripherals or just CPU,Mobo,case,PSU and storage?

All I need is an ssd, motherboard, CPU, RAM, CPU cooler (air preferably), case, PSU. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny250 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/48b3zy

This is kinda what I was thinking 

I changed the SSD because even though the V300 has a high capacity and it's cheap it's also really slow.

The CPU you choose was non OC'able so the Z170 board would have been useless.

The Noctua cooler would have been unnecessary since the CPU isn't OC'able.

Here's the new build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI H170A PC Mate ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($62.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: OCZ Trion 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.94 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $639.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 19:12 EDT-0400

I can get ahold of a few HDD so they are not needed. I was also thinking maybe an 850 evo? Your thoughts? And even though I'm not overclocking will that cooler be  enough? 

And I have also heard good things about this sdd. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

8 minutes ago, Johnny250 said:

I can get ahold of a few HDD so they are not needed. I was also thinking maybe an 850 evo? Your thoughts? And even though I'm not overclocking will that cooler be  enough? 

Ooops, I forgot you didn't need a HDD and yes the 850 Evo is a good choice for an SSD so just replace the SSD and HDD I had with that. The 212X is plenty for decent OC'ing so it's should be more than enough for you.

-EDIT- The Sandisk SSD is also good.

10 minutes ago, Johnny250 said:

Alright and one light question. That i5 will not bottleneck my GPU is any way right? 

10 minutes ago, Johnny250 said:

Alright and one light question. That i5 will not bottleneck my GPU is any way right? 

Not at all, the i5 should be able to handle any GPU you pair with it without making a fuss (with the exception of the rare highly CPU intensive game)

1 minute ago, Arc_Jester said:

Not at all, the i5 should be able to handle any GPU you pair with it without making a fuss (with the exception the rare highly CPU intensive games)

Alright thank you for your help :)

4 minutes ago, Johnny250 said:

Alright thank you for your help :)

No prob and just to add, in your case your GPU would cause a "bottleneck" long before your CPU would.:)

5 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

No prob and just to add, in your case your GPU would cause a "bottleneck" long before your CPU would.:)

I am planning on doing a full system upgrade when the next gen of nvidia gpus come out and giving this PC to someone that I think could use it :)