Is putting OSX on a pc worth it, I like windows but i've been using a macbook pro for almost 2 years and OSX has grown on me and i love it so much. I don't hate windows 10 i've used it and it's a fantastic OS i really like windows 10 too but i just love apples editing software Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X and i would love to use it on my new pc build. So in the end do you think it's gonna be worth my time and effort putting osx on my pc or just stick to windows and use adobe's software (not much of a fan of adobe's software apart from photoshop) and for some gaming.

2 minutes ago, XdoniasRadeon said:

Is putting OSX on a pc worth it, I like windows but i've been using a macbook pro for almost 2 years and OSX has grown on me and i love it so much. I don't hate windows 10 i've used it and it's a fantastic OS i really like windows 10 too but i just love apples editing software Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X and i would love to use it on my new pc build. So in the end do you think it's gonna be worth my time and effort putting osx on my pc or just stick to windows and use adobe's software (not much of a fan of adobe's software apart from photoshop) and for some gaming.

You have to be extremely careful on what parts you choose, check and check again to make for sure that they will work with Mac OS.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

The parts i picked are.... Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3, (soon) Gtx 1070, evga P2 650w psu, 240gb

crucial ssd, WD 2TB blue, 16GB hyperX ram 1866mhz, Gigabyte H81M- S2H motherboard,

Hey, watch Linustechtips very own video, weigh up the pros and cons and decide for yourself whether you think its worth it or not. 

@XdoniasRadeon depends on your use case. If you're looking for gaming a hackintosh may not cut it depending on the titles you're looking to play. That being said if you have a high budget (and it looks like you do) and can put Parallels / VMWare on your Hackintosh why not!?

Like @GR1MES mentioned. OSX is verrry fussy about hardware. 

http://www.hackintosh.com/ has much info there, granted you will have to be prepared for kexting and the possibility that future upgrades to OSX may require some messing about to get working.

Latest hardware may not work with hackintosh's as Apple are almost always 1 gen behind the latest stuff.

Why don't you give unRAID a shot and have both MAC and Windows ;)

8 hours ago, XdoniasRadeon said:

The parts i picked are.... Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3, (soon) Gtx 1070, evga P2 650w psu, 240gb

crucial ssd, WD 2TB blue, 16GB hyperX ram 1866mhz, Gigabyte H81M- S2H motherboard,

Gigabyte boards are usually the best brand of motherboard for hackintoshes. However, the GTX 1070 is going to need nVidia's web driver in order to work (assuming they will be supporting the 1070, which I'm guessing they will or already do). Every hackintosh installation is different, but I think the parts you are getting will work.

It took me about 2 hours and a head ache to install VMware, OSX, and get everything running, however...

I have yet to be able to enable VMware's 3D acceleration which allows you to use your GPU in the parallel. Even with Nvidia driver for the 970 installed in the parallel I was unable to utilize it.

Very frustrating, I can jog you up to where I am and the sources I used, but unless you find a way of using your GPU you won't even be able to install FCPX from the app store :(

128MB Vram limit even though I selected 2GB...

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG