Constant beep on motherboard

Hey guys,

I have this problem, my server has an alarm on the motherboard and it's beeping (constant beep)

I know why it's beeping (not all the fans are plugged in, since i pulled it out of a 1u rackserver and it has proprietary fan connectors so i can't plug those in :/)

How do i make the sound stop? (no, hammering the alarm off the motherboard is not an option)

Specs:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€30.00) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€30.00) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (€90.00) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€70.00) 
Other: Xeon E5620 (Purchased)
Other: Xeon E5620 (Purchased)
Other: Seagate ST450MM026 10.6k RPM 450 GB SAS (Purchased)
Other: Tyan S7012 Dual Socket LGA1366 (Purchased)
Other: Nanya 6x8 GB DDR3-1333 ECC (Purchased)
Other: Icy Dock MB994SP-4S 5,25" to 4x 2.5" SAS Enclosure 
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 11:09 EDT-0400

I told you more than one time before you started building this that it would do this or something similair :P

You should be happy it even turns on, most server motherboards that come out of rackservers don't even turn on when the fans on the proprietary fan connectors are not connected.

Maybe your motherboard has a setting in the bios to bypass this? I know my rackserver had.

Possibly stick some prestic or something sticky like that on the buzzer? Alternatively, install a 7990. You won't be able to hear yourself think.

5 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

Possibly stick some prestic or something sticky like that on the buzzer? Alternatively, install a 7990. You won't be able to hear yourself think.

already have three layers of black ducttape on there lol, and that 7990 is a solution but might not fit my needs xD

11 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

I told you more than one time before you started building this that it would do this or something similair :P

You should be happy it even turns on, most server motherboards that come out of rackservers don't even turn on when the fans on the proprietary fan connectors are not connected.

Maybe your motherboard has a setting in the bios to bypass this? I know my rackserver had.

hmm good one, gonna be looking through the bios :)

11 hours ago, mikat said:

@deWaardt hmmm, in the bios it says my cpu is 65000 degrees celsius :P

5 alerts on the monitoring tab:

CPU0 below Tmax 65508 C

CPU1 below Tmax 65489 C

Sys. 6 0 RPM

Sys. 7 0 RPM

Sys. 8 0 RPM

Well, that might be your issue, haha.

Also it might be beeping because of the fans. Some M/Bs tend to do that.

have you tried plugging in just a fan header on the mobo to make it shut up? Server boards may be clever enough to realise your troll though.

There has to be a BIOS option?

2 hours ago, LiMz said:

have you tried plugging in just a fan header on the mobo to make it shut up? Server boards may be clever enough to realise your troll though.

There has to be a BIOS option?

already looked through the entire bios, and it has 8 pin fan connectors for server fans :)

and i can't plug those in since they are in the 1u case :)

Are there DIP switches on the board? You may have to toggle those to turn off the alarm