Arma 3 optimization

I have an r9 390, i5 4690k, and 8 gigs of ddr3. I have tried running arma at all sorts of different settings from minimal to max. I just cant seem to get a steady amount of fps even far away from towns. I get around 40 fps and some micro stutters every once in a while in towns. I know that frame drops are just part of being in towns but id really like to get better fps over all. Ive seen streams of people with very similarly performing pc's and they seem to be running at a much better overall fps. I know that there are ways through pre launch parameters to get it to run better. By any chance would any know exactly how to use those with my hardware. (and if they even work at all) Thanks for the help! xD

Never heard of these "pre launch parameters" but have you tried using the optimization function in the radeon software? 

17 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I have an r9 390, i5 4690k, and 8 gigs of ddr3. I have tried running arma at all sorts of different settings from minimal to max. I just cant seem to get a steady amount of fps even far away from towns. I get around 40 fps and some micro stutters every once in a while in towns. I know that frame drops are just part of being in towns but id really like to get better fps over all. Ive seen streams of people with very similarly performing pc's and they seem to be running at a much better overall fps. I know that there are ways through pre launch parameters to get it to run better. By any chance would any know exactly how to use those with my hardware. (and if they even work at all) Thanks for the help! xD

hey buddy. i have 4000 hours on arma and i understand optimization can be tough to nail. i made a FPS guide on the forums of the servers where i play, ill screenshot the important part for you. Make sure you read the text and dont just copy my settings

d4134110b35ee9c1e9151d20242eb320.png

3ee506b0be14f0a2cf2334958853fe85.png

16b2b4d199470f675ac168915c1a2fb8.png

hope this helps

Arma 3 runs like shit and is unoptimized for multicore systems. Not much you can actually do.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

5 minutes ago, L9th9L said:

hey buddy. i have 4000 hours on arma and i understand optimization can be tough to nail. i made a FPS guide on the forums of the servers where i play, ill screenshot the important part for you. Make sure you read the text and dont just copy my settings

d4134110b35ee9c1e9151d20242eb320.png

3ee506b0be14f0a2cf2334958853fe85.png

16b2b4d199470f675ac168915c1a2fb8.png

hope this helps

Is the malloc setting for every system, or would I use a different one. If so how would I find which one to use. 

27 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

Is the malloc setting for every system, or would I use a different one. If so how would I find which one to use. 

tbb4 works best for me

It depends on the servers as well. 
Each server as a "server fps" and most of them are quiet low.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

6 hours ago, TDP_Equinox said:

It depends on the servers as well. 
Each server as a "server fps" and most of them are quiet low.

this is true. It depends on how many scripts the server is running