PC "Build" rant

Just now, Changrai said:

OMG now some kid is gonna ask their parents to buy this shit

the comments are:

i would've done x

i'm poor af give me one

this is my dream

build me pc (asking for advice on parts)

can you do this for me i wanna play games contact me (little kids on their shitty yt channels)

what a dumbass

4 minutes ago, mikat said:

the comments are:

i would've done x

i'm poor af give me one

this is my dream

build me pc (asking for advice on parts)

can you do this for me i wanna play games contact me (little kids on their shitty yt channels)

what a dumbass

That's really sad

Chassi:Fractal Define S Mobo:Z97 anniversary Cpu:I5-4670k@4,2 ghz Gpu:Gigabyte g1 970 Cpu Cooler:Hyper 212 evo Ram:16 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 crucial SSD:Samsung 850 evo 250gb 2x

30 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

Is it even possible for a PC to be that expensive?

You'd be surprised what 600g tubs of thermal paste can do to the price :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

41 minutes ago, Changrai said:

oh dear he says shit like "i really like this motherboard" 

I don't think saying that is such a bad thing as long as you describe what you like about it. I mean I could write a short essay about my motherboard real quick...

I mean for example what I like in my motherboard is the ATX form factor because it doesn't cram all the parts so close together even though it takes up more room overall which is ideal for those who like to futureproof since the motherboard is the central hub that dictates all further upgrades. My specific motherboard can run some really nice 22nm processors like my Ivy Bridge i5 3450. I could've upgraded it to a Xeon E3-1290 V2 which is really good for the LGA 1155 socket and ideal for me since I use a dedicated GPU rather than the CPU's integrated graphics, but I'm waiting to upgrade to an AM4 socket motherboard after they come out later this year. I like that my motherboard has 4 RAM slots so that if I really wanted to I could upgrade to 16GB or even 32GB of DDR3 RAM. The only things I would further like from a motherboard that mine lacks are an extra PCI-E slot for if I ever wanted to attempt crossfire which again is useful for future proofing.

1 hour ago, Changrai said:

[snip]

I was thinking about doing a build video for the last machine that I assembled, it would have been my first.

Thing is, it was a NUC. The only components was an M.2 drive and RAM.

I could have titled it 'Complete PC build in 5 minutes or less.'

Build videos that are just, essentially, PC Part Picker lists, are a waste.

Completely agree, those channels are stupid as fuck.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

There are many things on the internet that are head scratchingly popular. It's worst when big channels with a dumb audience that takes them seriously does it. 

2 hours ago, mikat said:

wish you guys spoke dutch, because one of the biggest dutch gaming channels (dusdavidgaming) had someone build a pc for another youtube in a collab with intel,asus and corsair...

they called it a 4000 euro rendering pc...

4x 270 euro intel 730 series 480 gb ssd = about 1080 euros on just one array AND THEY PUT IT IN RAID 0

the specs are in the description :)

1000 watt psu for a 980 and an i7-4790k what were they thinking...

First impressions on video, "Did someone die it looks like their making a PC in someones honnor who died"

Second impression "oh... they have a Minecraft background.."

1 hour ago, Ronnie76 said:

First impressions on video, "Did someone die it looks like their making a PC in someones honnor who died"

Second impression "oh... they have a Minecraft background.."

I would expect to find that video on the cringe channel or something, and it seems like we are not the only ones who think that because it has comments turned off and you can't see the like/dislikes 

honestly i don't mind these videos as long as they aren't click bait titles and if they actually give valuable information. there is valauble infromation that people can give if they properly research and discuss what they like and don't like about the product. Many people cannot afford to build PCs yet they want to have a channel. As long as there not saying that "this can run GTA V 60 FPS easy" but rather back it up with online benchmarks, then its ok. The issue is that most people who make these videos post really stupid stuff where theyre clearly just hungry for views.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown