Help me

ozz.yyy

The cpu fan starts spinning but 5 seconds later it turns off and restarts again. I get no display output. I have tried 2 different sticks of ram in both different slots, reset the cmos and put in a new mobo battery but still no progress. Also the cpu is "Open but never used". I got it from ebay. The ssd and psu are new. I am assuming that something is faulty. 

Also a side note, My motherboard did not come with a speaker out of the box.

3 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

Also the cpu is "Open but never used". I got it from ebay. 

What rating did the person you have bought it off have? Was the seal still intact when you received it or did it look like it had been tampered with?

If I have solved your issue, please mark the thread as solved! Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

So started to make my new build (My first one!) I got ready to make it and start with the motherboard (GA-H8M-S2PV). I put it on top of the box and put in my Kingston fury 8Gb stick. Then the cpu (I5 4690 non k) then the cooler and click down the push things on the corners. I also plug in my kingston v300 ssd. I plug in my psu (Corsair Cx 430) And connect all the appropriate connectors. I turn the psu and touch the power switch headers together to make it start. The cpu fan starts spinning but 5 seconds later it turns off and restarts again. I get no display output. I have tried 2 different sticks of ram in both different slots, reset the cmos and put in a new mobo battery but still no progress. Also the cpu is "Open but never used". I got it from ebay. The ssd and psu are new. I am assuming that something is faulty. Someone please help!

Also a side note, My motherboard did not come with a speaker out of the box.

Have you tried each stick of RAM one at a time? Or both together in each set of slots?

6 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

Also the cpu is "Open but never used". I got it from ebay.

do you have other cpu laying around that is using the same socket to test the motherboard?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Whotos said:

What rating did the person you have bought it off have? Was the seal still intact when you received it or did it look like it had been tampered with?

The seller has 100% positive feedback but when he said open he meant it was like not in a box. Like not even in a tray thing. It was packaged in an envelope with bubble wrap around the envelope then that was put into a jiffy bag/ large envelope.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

do you have other cpu laying around that is using the same socket to test the motherboard?

Since this is my first build i only have 1 cpu :(

3 minutes ago, ronstig said:

Have you tried each stick of RAM one at a time? Or both together in each set of slots?

I tried one at a time in both slots :)

2 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

The seller has 100% positive feedback but when he said open he meant it was like not in a box. Like not even in a tray thing. It was packaged in an envelope with bubble wrap around the envelope then that was put into a jiffy bag/ large envelope.

rip static death

Just now, Moonzy said:

rip static death

You think the cpu is dead by static? :(

3 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

You might want to get contacting the seller about a return. Good luck with that though.:(

Did you  have the juice on both CPU and Motherboard from the PSU? Could be just parts not getting any power.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

rip static death

I mean i asked him what he was packaging it in but he sent it before replying :(

1 minute ago, ozz.yyy said:

You think the cpu is dead by static? :(

high chances yes

1 minute ago, Lethal Seraph said:

Did you  have the juice on both CPU and Motherboard from the PSU? Could be just parts not getting any power.

I plugged in the 8pin eps connector and the 24pin atx connector

2 minutes ago, ronstig said:

You might want to get contacting the seller about a return. Good luck with that though.:(

It says 14 days refund so hopefully he will accept it

Any other troubleshooting tips anyone? I don't wanna send it back for no reason :(

On 4/27/2016 at 6:38 PM, Moonzy said:

high chances yes

I cleared the cmos while it was powered on

29 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

Oh also i think i was extremely stupid. I cleared the cmos while it was powered on

that was probably fine

but dont do it again

58 minutes ago, ozz.yyy said:

Any other troubleshooting tips anyone? I don't wanna send it back for no reason :(

maybe you can fork out some cash and buy a cheap cpu (preferably new) that can work in that socket to test out

if it posts then its the cpu thats dead

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

maybe you can fork out some cash and buy a cheap cpu (preferably new) that can work in that socket to test out

if it posts then its the cpu thats dead

My motherboard didnt come with a speaker but i managed to find an old buzzer which i put on the 2 speaker headers and when i turned it on i got 1 beep and then another beep but it got lower in pitch as the fans turned off. I dont know what the beep codes mean but i did some research and it said that it probably wouldn't beep if the cpu was dead

My motherboard didnt come with a speaker but i managed to find an old buzzer which i put on the 2 speaker headers and when i turned it on i got 1 beep and then another beep but it got lower in pitch as the fans turned off. I dont know what the beep codes mean but i did some research and it said that it probably wouldn't beep if the cpu was dead

try checking the manual, ive never used a buzzer on my motherboard before lol

Just now, Moonzy said:

try checking the manual, ive never used a buzzer on my motherboard before lol

I assume the buzzer would do the same thing as the speaker as they are practically the same thing

I assume the buzzer would do the same thing as the speaker as they are practically the same thing

yes, the "speaker" they use for motherboards are buzzers :D

My motherboard doesnt really say anything about beep codes because it didnt come with a speaker

yes, the "speaker" they use for motherboards are buzzers :D

Possibly my motherboard is dead