LightDM greeter Linux Mint

Go to solution Solved by steezemageeze,

You know that dumb feeling when you post asking for help, then figure it out 5 minutes later? I got the Unity LightDM greeter installed and working, no problemo.

So after a bunch of distro hopping I settled on Linux Mint for my rig dualboot. It's not my favorite distro per se, but it fits my needs well enough I guess. Anyway, I'm not a fan of the default GTK greeter, so I was wondering if I could either get something like the Unity or Pantheon greeter through a simple apt-get or ppa or if there was a settings panel somewhere for customizing/theming the default GTK one. I seem to remember the Arch Wiki saying something about the GTK greeter having a settings app, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. I have replaced the LightDM greeter before, but that was on Antergos and that was more accessible so to speak.

EDIT: actually I think I might have Mint Display Manager. I'm not even sure, Mint's documentation is so shitty... But the question still remains, what LightDM packages are available to me? I can't find anything on it

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

You know that dumb feeling when you post asking for help, then figure it out 5 minutes later? I got the Unity LightDM greeter installed and working, no problemo.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01