vram overclock

Schony125

hello guys, Im running my gpu's at this speeds:

core clock  1140 mhz

mem clock 1650 mhz

no OV

I was watching a video on AdoredTV: 

at 2.29 he says that you can break you card with too much memory overclock? is that true? doesn't it happen like on normal ram that you just crash?

Well, history/experience says that VRAM chips are usually "more solid" than solder used to connect them to PCB of graphics card, so yeah... in theory yes, it can fail but it's usually solder not chips themselves.
In short : If VRAM chip itself will fail - that's unusal to say the least (very rare occurance).
BUT I based that on old graphics card that work today (10Y+ 7900 GTX that still works or older GPU's). Don't know how GTX 780 series cards will behave 5Y from now.

To answer other question that may pop-up :
SSD/Flash memory is a non-volatile memory that has a write cycle limit per cell (because it needs to store data, even when there is no power).
When that limit is reached, a memory cell may no longer store data correcly (which creates errors).
U cannot however apply write cylce limit from SSD type memory, to a volatile memory like VRAM/RAM.
VRAM volatile type because it's based on capacity cells that require refreshing, and that will lose all the data stored in them, when power is lost.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64