flashing my bios

Mitrailleuse

Hello,

I have 2 gtx 660's and i want to flash their bios,

Do i need to flash each of them separately?

Don't know about flashing a GPU BIOS. But each card got it own BIOS, so you need to flash the BIOS on the first card, and the second. Maybe the BIOS flashing utility detects both cards and flashed the both simultaneously?. if not then you probably have to select the first card and flash that and then select the second and flash that.

Why would you want to do this?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

BIOS flashing on GPU Boost 1.0 cards can only unlock the voltage and open the

throttling thresholds and that's all you might get, if someone wrote a decent BIOS.

if you are expecting 670/680 performance numbers with a BIOS flash, not gunna

happen. more chances to brick the GPU versus gains with overclocking. if water

cooling, you could gain a better bit, but on air really not worth the troubles.

airdeano

i want to flash to a bios which gives me 170% power target instead of 110%,1.212Mv instead of 1.15Mv,and 100% fan instead of 80% at max.

so i flashed using the steps in this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1330897/offical-gtx-660-non-ti-club

and evga precision now shows my 170%,1.212mv and 100% fan,just like it suppose to.

but when i actually oc the card and test it,and doesn't seem to be stable even with 170%,1.212Mv and only 100+ on the gpu clock,

so i think its because the second card wasn't flashed and only the first card did.

so i'm thinking of simply flashing them again separatley,what do you think?

Bricking a card and soft-bricking a card is different. How can a BIOS flash brick a GPU? The most I would see is it being soft-bricked.

Both my GTX 680s in my signature are BIOS flashed. Just flash both of them together in a single Nvflash command prompt window and you're fine. I do that.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Bricking a card and soft-bricking a card is different. How can a BIOS flash brick a GPU? The most I would see is it being soft-bricked.

Both my GTX 680s in my signature are BIOS flashed. Just flash both of them together in a single Nvflash command prompt window and you're fine. I do that.

well now even at stock my drivers crash after 2 minutes so there must be something wrong.

should i try flashed to the regular bios or try again to flash to the modified bios?

i want to flash to a bios which gives me 170% power target instead of 110%,1.212Mv instead of 1.15Mv,and 100% fan instead of 80% at max.

so i flashed using the steps in this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1330897/offical-gtx-660-non-ti-club

and evga precision now shows my 170%,1.212mv and 100% fan,just like it suppose to.

but when i actually oc the card and test it,and doesn't seem to be stable even with 170%,1.212Mv and only 100+ on the gpu clock,

so i think its because the second card wasn't flashed and only the first card did.

so i'm thinking of simply flashing them again separatley,what do you think?

mmm yeah, just because you want it to go 170% on 1.21v doesn't mean that the processor

agrees with or can do what you are telling it. like a CPU, these are binned to certain outlets

of use. the others that bin higher usually make it into higher-ended cards. but you should

reflash the BIOS of each separately. as in SLI, the strongest of the SLI is the weakest GPU.

i flashed my 2x EVGA SC 660ti 3GB cards and found it not to really matter much in perf

gains, until i got them under water cooling and then was a bit more successful.

airdeano

well now even at stock my drivers crash after 2 minutes so there must be something wrong.

should i try flashed to the regular bios or try again to flash to the modified bios?

If GPUs don't work right out of the box without modifying anything, then its a bad GPU. I suggest to RMA it. 

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

If you need help on BIOS flashing I'll try my best to help based on my experience of flashing my GTX 680s

If you need help on BIOS flashing I'll try my best to help based on my experience of flashing my GTX 680s

the cards flashed fine,

but now at stock settings,i tried playing Bf3 and the both cards are on 1215 GPU clock for some reason....

It's because of GPU Boost.

It's because of GPU Boost.

So on stock settings its getting 1215,when i put an offset of -15 its fine.

should i touch the tdp or the voltage of leave them be?

u using skyn3t's bios? or the 680 Classified bios?

I dumped my stock BIOS using GPU-z, then modify it to remove throttling and increase voltage to 1.212v, then flashed it back to my GPUs using Nvflash.

So on stock settings its getting 1215,when i put an offset of -15 its fine.

should i touch the tdp or the voltage of leave them be?

If stock settings (1215) crashed but -15 offset is fine, then I guess your GPU is unstable at 1215.

Try increasing voltage and TDP.