Blue Yeti Microphone

BCreation

Is this microphone worth the price tag for recording, voice chat, and pretty much anything? If not, what other microphones do you recommend?

What kind of recording will you be doing? If you wanna drop the cash though it will sound nice. The Youtuber Duncan2303 uses one if you want to listen to it more.

Most of the Blue series mics (Snowball, Yeti ect) are pretty common amongst the YouTube community for voice recordings however if you're doing vocal as in singing ect you'll be wanting to look into some of the Shure stuff however that can get messy. Voice chat? Again, Blue mics will be fine.

I was looking at the Shure SM57 not too long ago. I went back to the Yeti just because of the USB. I imagined it being very easy as I could bring it to a friend's house and plug it in. Unless they have a studio with high-end hardware and a place to plug XLR devices' date=' the USB would be more convenient.[/quote']

I would go the 58 before the 57 for vocals. The 57 is predominantly an instrument mic however it can be used for vocals. You might be able to pickup a Shure x2u + SM58 + XLR + Desktop stand (mic+adaptor used) for around $150 which would give you pretty damn good audio however if it's just Skype calls and the like, It won't be worth it due to compression from Skype.

Blue yeti is worth the money is pretty much the best usb microphone and sounds amazing if you want to keep the simplicity of it however analogue connections are always gunna be better hence why alot of people are suggesting shure microphones but the blue yeti is very good for the money however is very sensitive and you will want to compress and edit the recording to get rid of unwanted noise and keep it on a low gain as it will pick up strumming of your guitar strings over the amp if not careful but that just shows how amazing it is. You can whisper across a room and people can still hear you on skype

Blue Yeti is a really popular choice among the community. It may be a bit on the pricy side, but it is worth it if you plan to record on a daily basis.

I have a Blue yeti and both love and hate it, it has some of the best sound I have seen anywhere, but it picks up everything, even with the gain turned right down!

i like mine, but it tends to pick up the sounds of my pc fans in the background. i was thinking of getting some sort of wind screen to see if it made a significant improvement. i think the at2020 is an equally good choice. i think it comes down to personal preference.

I like it, but haven't tested it with recording music yet. Voice is excellent though. I've heard a pop filter is pretty much required for instrumentals however.

The Blue Yeti Pro is one of the best desktop microphones I've heard. One of my friends has one and the audio quality is fantastic. I assume the regular Yeti would be great too.