40mm fans

ridfer

hey,

i'm looking for a fan to replace in my beamer. http://www.konigelectronic.com/nl_nl/55888637  (for some reason i couldn't find the product on the international site :/ )

the front broke so i can now modify it to fit a 2cm deep fan. the fan its using right now is a SUNON KD0504PFB2-8.

this one makes way to much noice to enjoy movies with so i want to replace it.

it has a airflow volume of 6.5 cfm at a fan speed of 6500 rpm. and it uses 2 pin conector.

i thought i replaced the fan at some point but i realy don't remember >.< so i don't realy know for sure if it actualy needs this much airflow volume.

so my question is what would be good options cuz realy i cant find a lot :/ most of the fans i run into have around 4 cfm airflow and i'm afraid thats realy to little, or they use a 3 pin conector. if anyone knows if it is possible to run a 3 pin fan on only 2 pins that would be cool aswell.

would be awesome if some of you had some sugestions.

picture's of the beamer/situation bellow.

Spoiler

23ffa21714.jpga9910faa71.jpg949a7b69c5.jpg5819512e89.jpg

more air flow always better... 3 pin have 1 RPM pin that isn't needed for the fan to run, so in theory, yes a 3 on 2 would work, you could swap the connector from the dead fan on to the new fan, I did that with a network switch box fan once, simple.

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

what about the noctua nf-a4? it is 'silent' and good for airflow.

it does 8.2 m3/h that is 2895.8 cubic feet / 60 minutes is 48cfm

Edited by JPotze
additional info

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/silent-series-r3/silent-series-r3-40mm

i had one of these strapped to my pi for a while, seems to do a really good job.

11 minutes ago, JPotze said:

what about the noctua nf-a4? it is 'silent' and good for airflow.

it does 8.2 m3/h that is 2895.8 cubic feet / 60 minutes is 48cfm

i'm afraid both of these just won't give enough airflow, sindse the beamer realy gets quite hot fast and even with this fan it gets decently hot :/ so i think i need at least a 6cfm fan

2 minutes ago, ridfer said:

so i think i need at least a 6cfm fan

if the spec sheet of noctua is right (and i assume it is) then you would get plenty of airflow of this fan.

5 minutes ago, JPotze said:

if the spec sheet of noctua is right (and i assume it is) then you would get plenty of airflow of this fan.

nope, the noctua only does around ;) 4,8

also nuctua i think is way to hyped and overprised so would rather go with a something like scythe.

but that's a whole other discussion.

126d75c680.png

i am looking at the Spire SP04020S1M3 40mm atm, still trying to find better solutions but it seems pretty good, only it is still 26 db :/ wich is still quite loud i think.

Noctua got some pretty decent 40mm ones,

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

1 minute ago, Rodniz said:

Noctua got some pretty decent 40mm ones,

please read earlier replies, noctua's wont do it.

so i found the Cooltek Silent Fan 4020 this seems like a pretty good alternative