This good idea?

So this is my current build Im planning to build. My budget is around 800.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/omaralkha/saved/#view=YmCj4D

Notice though I am using a gtx 660 and that is because of nvidia new release for cards coming up soon.

SO I was wondering if I should buy the gtx 660 for 70$ from my friend then just buy the new gpu when it comes out. IS this a good idea or should I just get a gtx 970?

3 minutes ago, Bromar said:

Notice though I am using a gtx 660 and that is because of nvidia new release for cards coming up soon.

SO I was wondering if I should buy the gtx 660 for 70$ from my friend then just buy the new gpu when it comes out. IS this a good idea or should I just get a gtx 970?

What sort of games will you be playing, if any?

1 minute ago, akskl said:

What sort of games will you be playing, if any?

gta, cod, killing floor, batlefield... But I dont mind medium settings as long as I get around 40-50 fps for now

Nah, wait for the new cards to come out.

You could cut down the RAM to 8GB and grab a bigger SSD.

Lose the Z170 and get a cheaper H110, H170 or B150 motherboard since you cannot overclock.

However, I have a major concern with that Raidmax PSU. Get a much better quality one from SeaSonic or XFX (with the exception of the XT lineup - don't get that).

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Nah, wait for the new cards to come out.

You could cut down the RAM to 8GB and grab a bigger SSD.

Lose the Z170 and get a cheaper H110, H170 or B150 motherboard since you cannot overclock.

However, I have a major concern with that Raidmax PSU. Get a much better quality one from SeaSonic or XFX (with the exception of the XT lineup - don't get that).

alright Ill change it up and tnx. You mind if I PM for future?

edit: also im getting 16gb for video editing

Just now, Bromar said:

gta, cod, killing floor, batlefield... But I dont mind medium settings as long as I get around 40-50 fps for now

If you are going to be playing games like that, it may not be worth it at all. There is still very limited info on Pascal, so you may have to end up replacing the MOBO, PSU, etc.

Maybe it would be better to wait (like I am).

Just now, Bromar said:

alright Ill change it up and tnx. You mind if I PM for future?

No worries, feel free to do so at anytime.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, akskl said:

If you are going to be playing games like that, it may not be worth it at all. There is still very limited info on Pascal, so you may have to end up replacing the MOBO, PSU, etc.

Maybe it would be better to wait (like I am).

Well PSU i can get one better now, but would I seriously have to replace MOBO?

10 minutes ago, akskl said:

Never know, NVIDIA is a bastard of a company (kliksphilip).

man thats frustrating. I've been waiting for half a year to save up and want to build before summer, not wait again....

26 minutes ago, Bromar said:

First things first, no. Don't buy the GTX 660, nor the GTX 970.

Moving on, here's my feedback on your list:

Motherboard: Since you're not overclocking, a Z170 board is pointless. Pick an H110 or H170 board.

GPU: The R9 390 trumps both the GTX 660 and GTX 970. Compared to the GTX 970, it has slightly better DX11 performance, significantly better DX12 performance, and double the VRAM without any segmented memory nonsense.

PSU: Stay away from that power supply brand! It doesn't even have 2x8 pin power connectors! Refer to these lists. And 500W PSU is more than enough you'll need for your system.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:18 PM, Bromar said:

man thats frustrating. I've been waiting for half a year to save up and want to build before summer, not wait again....

Same here. I assumed that pascal would come out in March when Christmas was occurring and I was sad when I realized it won't be released for a while.

Well, that's just how life is.