Really strange occurence with my PC

jeffreyd182

So, i've found something my PC does that is really weird and i've never seen it before ever. This really only happens playing League Of Legends.

My PC will lose sound completely. In-game, and even after exiting the game I cannot get my sound to function again at all. Not on Youtube, iTunes, nothing.

Also, my frames in-game will start to dip tremendously. I have an i5 3570k with an R9 290 so obviously you can tell I can easily max the f#%k out of League of Legends. But a few minutes after I lose my sound, I consistently dip below 60 and even 30 when generally i'll easily maintain 150+.

Anyone have any explanation for this? Like I said, I only notice this playing League of Legends. I didn't see any signs of overheating (checking HWMonitor) and nothing in task manager is being pushed to it's limit. I'm just perplexed.

can you link the rest of your parts list? might be a dead sound card on your mobo. You may also have some software installed that messes with the audio. specs please

Open MSI afterburner and watch the graphs. Let us know what is maxed out while the issue is occurring.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Did you installed Raptr/Plays.TV that came bundled with the driver?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |