Over Heating Troubleshooting

EricH

Hey guys, I have a head scratchier here.

Here are my spec for my computer.

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and All-Black Interior

ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-3975-KR 4GB SSC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card

I downloaded a True Temp reader and CAM, These two third party software applications show the temperature of your computers CPU, Graphics Cards, ETC. and tells you how much of your computers resources are being used.

Last night my computer went up to 45C (110F) and today it is 100C (210-212F), I checked the thermal compound and re-applied a new coat. I even made sure that the heat sync and fan where properly snug on top of the CPU and that there was no dust too, however it is still giving me a high reading. I'm not sure if its the software giving me a BS reading or what.

I would like some outside advice and your thoughts on the matter.

I use cpuid's hwmonitor. Usually more widely used. Maybe check temps on that to be sure?

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

52 minutes ago, EricH said:

Last night my computer went up to 45C (110F) and today it is 100C (210-212F), I checked the thermal compound and re-applied a new coat. I even made sure that the heat sync and fan where properly snug on top of the CPU and that there was no dust too, however it is still giving me a high reading. I'm not sure if its the software giving me a BS reading or what.

I would like some outside advice and your thoughts on the matter.

What part of your computer is at 100C?

The temp software is saying that its my CPU

7 hours ago, EricH said:

The temp software is saying that its my CPU

Both software? Could you post screenshot of them? Are you overclocking? Which cooler are you using? What load?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv