Project Hyper Beast

NightMiu

Hello, in this thread I will share with you guys my Hyper Beast pc build. The title alone should make it fairly obvious what kind of theme I'm going for with this build, but for those who still don’t know what the theme is inspired from; it’s from a skin that’s in the game csgo. I will try to keep this thread updated as frequently as I can, but this entire project is done in my spare time which I unfortunately don’t have a lot of, this then means that the project probably will span over multiple months :)

Well so to the plans for the build; the case is the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX its gonna get a custom paint job, I'm currently looking into a painting technique called hydro dipping and I will probably try to contact the artist who made the hyper beast skin for csgo (he really have some awesome artwork, check him out https://www.behance.net/brockhofer) and ask if I could use some of his artwork on my case. It took some time to decide which component I would use since there is a sea of diffrent product (which is a good thing;)) and I was kinda "juggling" between a white build or a darker themed build and I ended up on the darker side of the scale.

So for the cpu the choice was kinda obvious since AMD kinda just have shit atm (calm down fanboys I rocked a 1090T for almost 5 years) the 6700K from Intel, the mobo was a little harder but the color neutrality of the ASUS Maximus VIII Formula and the rgb lighting it was an ez sell for me. The gpu just had to be a titan, just listen to the name TITAN such a nice word lol, and I actually got pretty lucky and got a sweet deal on a Gigabyte 980Ti. As for storage I've kinda always wanted an m.2 drive so I got the 950 pro 512GB from Samsung. For the rest of the components I will make a list (I'm lazy). Oh another thing, the entire thing will ofc be watercooled with a custom loop, and if some people have experiences with watercooling in the Evolv case and have suggestions for different rad, reservoirs combos it would be appreciated since the case is quite limited in terms of space and I haven’t decided on what to buy yet.

Components:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula

RAM: G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-3200 C14 16Gb

GPU: Gigabyte 980Ti

Case:  Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2, Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

Update One

Spoiler

All the goodies in one place before the final assembly

20160403_020343_zpsbqbqlepl.jpg

Setting up a test rig to check for doa's

20160403_021453_zpstouua9tm.jpg

Cpu installation

20160403_022616_zpsnsvpg5q4.jpg

For now, the cpu is cooled by a TX3 evo from CM, some personal thoughts on the cooler; uhm the first impression of this cooler was not the best, clumsy installation procedure and parts feels really cheap (like they are gonna snap just by looking at them,) and to its defense it is cheap, but would not really recommend this cooler unless ones budget is extremly tight.

20160403_030610_zpsrnlwndto.jpg

This drive looks gorgeous, too bad it will be coverd up by the mobo "armor"

20160403_032704_zpsllswbnef.jpg

Gpu installed, already knows this one is good, had it in my old system a couple of months :)

20160403_034813_zpsepro0t5z.jpg

20160403_034817_zps9oalvx0c.jpg

It lives!

20160403_035832_zpsawmqx375.jpg

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

This gon' be good.

Also, spoilers go: [ spoiler ] Insert text here. [ /spoiler ] without the spaces, of course.

Ty mate, just found a button that says spoiler lol :)

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

Hyped for the final product. I fell in love with the Evolv after I saw HWC's video review. The angular-yet-curvy minimalism of it just gets me dude. It's beautiful.

Transitioning Console Peasant

My Build

20 minutes ago, danrobards said:

Hyped for the final product. I fell in love with the Evolv after I saw HWC's video review. The angular-yet-curvy minimalism of it just gets me dude. It's beautiful.

Haha, it was HWC video that made me buy this case :)

Update One is live