Headphone Recommendations?

Vague

Looking to test some headphones, they will be used for competitive gaming and load of music. The headphones i have tried are the AKG K702, AD700 and HD598's. Budget is £200.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

M50's are awesome for the price

Not really, they used to be $100, now that they are $150, there are better headphones at the price point. (AD700x) and DT990's.

Try the AD700X/900X.

They are totally new headphones, and ones I normally recommend.

Also try and see if you can get a pair of DT 990's.

I was thinking of getting the Ad700x but they're so expensive in the UK compared to US. Might by a pair from the US.

I've heard that the ATH-M50s are very good, not to mention they are cheap for what you get.

I already use them for my phone. =)

I was thinking of getting the Ad700x but they're so expensive in the UK compared to US. Might by a pair from the US.

I actually just had a customer have me buy him a pair, and I'll be mailing it to him (along with an amp/DAC).

Over here they can be had for roughly $150.

I actually just had a customer have me buy him a pair, and I'll be mailing it to him (along with an amp/DAC).

Over here they can be had for roughly $150.

It's a £180 here so around $280...Sucks big time.

My new favorite is the Pioneer SE-A1000. By the price, you might not think it competes, but it does.

My new favorite is the Pioneer SE-A1000. By the price, you might not think it competes, but it does.

Damn dude, they look so sexy and very damn cheap. Would they be good for competitive play? if they are i will give them a go.

Damn dude, they look so sexy and very damn cheap. Would they be good for competitive play? if they're i will give them a go.

You might be the first person ever to think they are good looking

"These headphones are very good sound wise and pretty ugly aesthetically"

"Your children will laugh at you"

-Amazon reviewers http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY

The DT990's sound amazing, I would recommend them to everyone if they are looking for open headphones

THE signature

Damn dude, they look so sexy and very damn cheap. Would they be good for competitive play? if they are i will give them a go.

ask @ShearMe

If they sound good with music, they will be good games. Sound is sound.

You might be the first person ever to think they are good looking

"These headphones are very good sound wise and pretty ugly aesthetically"

"Your children will laugh at you"

-Amazon reviewers http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY

The DT990's sound amazing, I would recommend them to everyone if they are looking for open headphones

I like the ear cups =( rest isn't to bad. Also am 19 so no kid :P

Just as good for competitive play as any other open headphone. Obviously not exactly the same, but similar sound to my HD 650. :)

Only gripes I have so far is the super long cable, though it comes with a nice Velcro wrap, and the headband is kinda loose stock. There's a quick, easy, and reversible mod to tighten that puppy down - I'll find the link if you decide to grab a pair.

Just as good for competitive play as any other open headphone. Obviously not exactly the same, but similar sound to my HD 650. :)

Only gripes I have so far is the super long cable, though it comes with a nice Velcro wrap, and the headband is kinda loose stock. There's a quick, easy, and reversible mod to tighten that puppy down - I'll find the link if you decide to grab a pair.

I might pick up a pair if you keep talking about it...what's the link to the headband thingy?

[quote name="MayflowerElectronics" post="788810" timestamp="1379703071"

I might pick up a pair if you keep talking about it...what's the link to the headband thingy?

I'd love to know someone else's opinion to make sure I'm not crazy.

Can't link from the phone, but Google Pioneer SE-A1000 and it's the head-fi appreciation thread.

I found the link =)

I'd love to know someone else's opinion to make sure I'm not crazy.

Can't link from the phone, but Google Pioneer SE-A1000 and it's the head-fi appreciation thread.

No, looking at the graphs on that thread, they should sound almost exactly the same. Wow, can't believe that!

I'll pick them up once I get payment for the HD600's I'm selling on fleebay.

Honestly, haven't taken them off since I got them besides the usual quickie comparisons. I don't like the openness/roundness of my Beyer or AKG's earcups, but these are absolutely comfy after tightening down that strap.

Honestly, haven't taken them off since I got them besides the usual quickie comparisons. I don't like the openness/roundness of my Beyer or AKG's earcups, but these are absolutely comfy after tightening down that strap.

How's the bass? Now that I think about it I probably won't need to mess with the headband (big head)

I second DT990 :)

If you want a closed headphone, DT770 will be a good choice too.

Two revolutionary dance tones

How's the bass? Now that I think about it I probably won't need to mess with the headband (big head)

Bit flatter than my 650's, but it's easy to add more with EQ if desired, obviously.

Philips Fidelio X1's seem very good.