Desktop Publishing Software

So I'm fairly new to Apple OS X. In fact, I'm very new. However it's very intuitive so it's easy to use as soon as you pick up. I digress. 

In my work place they've asked for me to create a Prospectus for them (it's a school), and they've handed my a Macbook pro to do all the work on.

Being new to the OS, I wasn't quite sure of what software would be good for desktop publishing. I've used Microsoft Publisher at school for random little things like leaflets and small class projects like that, but other then that I really haven't used much of any DTP software. 

I'm assuming this is one of the only things the school will use the software for, and I'm willing to learn any software for the job.

I've researched what software is good, and like the rumours I've heard, MS Publisher is sh*t in comparison to everything else. So I searched some other software which I would not have used and sever things came up, some from Adobe, others like Swift Publisher. These two software applications are completely different in price, and the Swift Publisher is far more attractive as it's cheaper and it's been dubbed as "noob" friendly.

So I'd like to hear from you guys if Swift Publisher is good and worth getting or if I should be looking at other things. I just want to remind you guys that skim-read, lower the cost the better, and I'm a noob at DTP but I don't mind learning the software.

Thanks, 

iWK

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

so many post views, no a single reply. Bump to allow more people to see it

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

so many post views, no a single reply. Bump to allow more people to see it

Please do not bump threads.

To answer your question,iWork, specifically Pages may be something to look into.