2K Gaming PC

12 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The psu is the single most important component in a pc, so why would you skimp on that ? He mentions that he wants to overclock, so a solid power supply is even more important. You can get the EVGA GQ 650W for $10 less, and it is a much better unit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438059&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Or a bit more gets you the EVGA P2 650W.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=114120&vpn=220-P2-0650-X1&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1219

If he is doing casual editing he still won't need more than 32GB Ram. Going with 2 x 8GB would still allow for another 16GB (2 x 8GB) later on. 

Fine with psu explanation ,

I forgot the channel name but  they have made a video in which he show that editing and rendering consume a lot of ram

On 4/14/2016 at 3:27 AM, iPC said:

Thanks! I might wait for the GTX 1070, or get a GTX 980 Ti when that comes out. I have looked at the Fury and 390X, but their memory speed and processing power is not quite up to scratch compared to Nvidia

That is wayyyyy too expensive.. It is an overkill for a PC. You won't need to use most of the performance it provides. 

1 hour ago, Caine said:

choose your own case:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($348.98 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($87.10 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($89.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1548.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-15 11:57 EDT-0400

I like that build. I would probably get the 1080 instead when that comes out, so would the power supply be enough? Also, I want to do some overclocking on the CPU. Would that cooler be good enough? How much do you think the 1080 will cost? and what is a case recommendation? Thank you!

12 minutes ago, iPC said:

I like that build. I would probably get the 1080 instead when that comes out, so would the power supply be enough? Also, I want to do some overclocking on the CPU. Would that cooler be good enough? How much do you think the 1080 will cost? and what is a case recommendation? Thank you!

i know nothing about the 1080. don't know the psu requirements. yes, that cooler is sufficient for overclocking. 

5 minutes ago, Caine said:

i know nothing about the 1080. don't know the psu requirements. yes, that cooler is sufficient for overclocking. 

Any case recommendations for like 100 $?

1 minute ago, Caine said:

make sure you overclock your cpu as it will result in increased performance when it comes to gaming

I know. I'm going to overclock to like 4.7, 4.8 ghz with a h100i v2. Will that work?

It will have a (hopefully) 600 dollar GTX 1080 In it as well, and the cpu will be overclocked to 4.7-4.8 ghz

47 minutes ago, iPC said:

how about this build? link: https://pcpartpicker.com/p/FGJYpg 

Overkill.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

40 minutes ago, iPC said:

What if im not paying for it

Then I will feel bad for whoever paid for it. He really should have known better.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I believe that this is enough to be future proof and will meet my needs. If you don't have anything tech related and helpful to say, go post it in the Off Topic category.

19 minutes ago, iPC said:

I believe that this is enough to be future proof and will meet my needs. If you don't have anything tech related and helpful to say, go post it in the Off Topic category.

Are you talking to me? Because I've already gave my feedback and even a part list to go with, should you consider a more appropriate build. You're the one who brought the off-topic "who will pay" thing here.

On a side note, there is no such thing as "future proof". Even more, PC veterans and reviewers like Jays2cents and Linus himself hate this word. I even despise the word and its meaning, but oh well.

sry. its just that you keep telling me its overkill and its a little annoying. Thank you for your help and advise.

1 minute ago, iPC said:

sry. its just that you keep telling me its overkill and its a little annoying. Thank you for your help and advise.

I'm not joking when I'm saying "overkill". There are a number of arguments I can make about your part list, and how you're wasting money here and there. I'm not bashing you, the main point of all this is to

a) Save you money

b) Get the most out of what you will spend.

Let me give you my arguments about your original list:

CPU, Motherboard, Cooler: You can easily save over $330 by going with a conservative part choice and not losing that much of performance, just by switching on these 3 parts alone. Yes, the unlocked i7 has an 800MHz boost over the i5-6500, but you're paying $165 for just that? And then it's unlocked. To make use of the unlocked CPU, you'll have to spend even more to get the return for your money, and that's assuming your CPU overclocked well. Long story short, there is little value proposition going the unlocked way.

RAM: All you need for now is 1x8GB stick. I simply don't get why you're getting 3000MHz memory.

GPU: The R9 390 would be a much better investment than this.The price to performance of this card is outstanding. You'll get a little less DX11 performance than the GTX 980, but much better relative performance in DX12, and double the VRAM.

PSU: That's a lot of watts for a <400W system.

You save $940 by simply going with my list. You don't have to, you are free to switch around parts around as you wish, but my point is to buy smart. No amount of GPU and CPU horsepower, PSU watts and storage space is going to make a build "future-proof". New technologies are bound to replace old technologies in the future. With the amount of money you save with my build, you can build another complete gaming rig using new technology in the future should you desire. Really a win win. :D